Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White patch on mammogram

2 REPLIES 2

Re: White patch on mammogram

Hello Louise

Thanks for posting.

It’s understandable to feel worried while you’re waiting for your breast biopsy results. As you say, it’s normal for doctors to take a biopsy if it’s not clear from the scan what a breast lump might be. It’s not possible for us to know what the lump might be due to but it sounds like your doctor does not think the area is suspicious of cancer. However, only the biopsy results can confirm this.

It’s an anxious time waiting for results and you say your results are not ready until the 6th December. I wonder if you mean the 6th February. You may find it helpful to call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

We are currently reviewing our Forum service and wonder if you would have five to 10 minutes to complete a short survey. The survey will help us gather information about this service and understand more about any improvements we can make.

Best wishes

Teresa

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Re: White patch on mammogram

I meant 6th February! 🤪

Highlighted

White patch on mammogram

Hi there

i had my first breast clinic appointment yesterday as I had a lump in my breast.....had a mammogram followed by an ultrasound scan and they took a core biopsy.  The mammogram shows a white patch .  The doctor said he doesn’t think it’s anything sinister but done a biopsy anyway.  I appreciate that is done for safety measures but would they tell me it doesn’t look sinister if they thought it could be?  And what could it be?!  My results aren’t ready until 6th December and I’m so worried.  

Hope for some replies!

thanks 

louise