Angiosarcoma

I was diagnosed with angiosarcoma on Christmas Eve , a direct result of the radiotherapy treatment I received for my breast cancer in 2009 . I can find no reference to it anywhere on this site and was wondering if there was anyone else out there suffering from the same problem ?

Hi lavendersble if you look in the post directly below yours. You make get some information there x

Hi lavendersblue

I have done a search of this website and have found a thread from 2013 where angiosarcoma is discussed.  I have put you the link below.  As this appears to be quite rare you may find it helpful to give our helpline team a ring and talk to them about your concerns, they will be able to research any up-to-date information there is out there on this condition in order to support you.  Calls to the helpline are free from landlines and most mobiles 0808 800 6000.  Lines open at 9am today through to 5pm (weekdays) and 10-2 Saturdays.

Heres the link: forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/New-members/Radium-Induced-Angiosarcoma-following-BC/m-p/741778/highlight/true#M1723

I hope you find this helpful.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

With all you have been through Jill, you deserve the best holiday. I have read so many times where people say live every day and do what you want, and when you join this ‘club’ you realise what it means. You sound very positive and that’s what we are told to be, so my sweet, take that holiday, do as much as you want, and enjoy. Masses of love and keep smiling xxxxxxxx

27th April does seem far too long! If they really can’t do better than that then going away seems like a good plan. I hope you are able to relax and enjoy the break, and that the weather is kind to you :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

Emxx

Hi Jill

Sounds like you have had quite a couple of days! I hope you have something good to distract you while you get through the wait for results.

I will keep everything crossed that you get the best news possible.

Take care,

Emxx

Since this whole thing started I think it is the waiting for results that has been the most stressful part. I hope you can have a peaceful weekend, and I will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

Hugs.

Emxx

Keeping everything crossed for you Jill. Good luck and sending lots of hugs xx

Oh Jill I am so sorry :frowning:

I don’t know what to say really, other than I am thinking of you and sending love and hugs.

I hope they pull their finger out now and the ct scan is very soon. Stay strong.

Emxx

Hi Jill
I am sorry to read that you are having such a worrying time, please don’t forget that our helpliners are on hand for you with a listening ear and support - lines are open 9-5 during the week and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

Take care
Lucy BCC

Dear Jill,

I’m so sorry to hear your news, really don’t know what to say so just wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you and sending every possible good wish your way.

xx

Sharon

Oh Jill

I was thinking of you yesterday and hoping it would be good news for you. This is such a horrible disease and very unfair.

Try and stay strong we are here for you. Sending you lots of love and hugs xxx

Hi Jill

I hope you are doing ok. Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you.

Take care,

Emxx

Hi Jill

I’m really pleased that your support nurse is being supportive :slight_smile:

And that the CT scan is not a long wait - although I know even a few days will seem like forever. Will keep everything crossed that there is no more spread. Hope you find something nice to do over the weekend.

Take care.

Emxxx

Hope all goes well tomorrow Jill.

Emxx

Good luck for today Jill, will be thinking of you xx

Hi Jill.

I’m really pleased they are moving quickly and keeping everything crossed that the ct scan doesn’t show anything more sinister than the stuff you already know about.

If you do go in tomorrow then I really hope that everything goes well and I will be thinking of you. Stay strong :slight_smile:

Emxx

Just wanted to say that I hope everything is going alright. If you had the mastectomy today I really hope all went well and wish you the swiftest recovery.

Take care, Emxx

Hi Jill

I’m so pleased that the CT scan was ok, and that the surgery is done. Now you just need to concentrate on getting better. I can’t imagine what it feels like to have to go through it again but you have been so strong to get this far, especially with all the waiting etc, that I am sure you can do this.

Take it gently and feel better soon :slight_smile:

Hugs, Emxx

That’s great news Jill about the CT scan. Have been thinking of you and checking this thread to see if there had been any update. Wishing you a problem free recovery. Hope you’re getting plenty of rest and that everyone is looking after you. Sending lots of love and hugs xxx