As if there isn’t enough to worry about…

Is anyone else concerned about getting to their hospital appointments now we are in the midst of fuel panic buying?

I am due to start radiotherapy and have already been intensely anxious that it has been delayed (surgery nearly 10 weeks ago) & in the meantime I came down with Covid (double jabbed) & consequently have changed my behaviour so I am working from home, online shopping etc There is no way I am comfortable using public transport (which is probably where I picked it up).

I don’t know yet how many fractions I will be having. Have a phone appointment on Monday with oncologist. Don’t know what I will find out or if I will be given Ct scan date. Do they tell you that in the initial appointment or do you have to wait for admin to schedule it?

I am overcome with so many worries I can’t get a grip & now witnessing the public’s selfish behaviour over fuel has sent me into a new tailspin.

x

Hi Annie

Does your hospital do transport for Cancer patients? I was at Clatterbridge in Liverpool for my rads this year … I was driven there every day …didn’t have to worry about transport at all…its offered to all patients…its not means tested…hope you get sorted 

I can really empathiseI am due to start RT on 13th October and it will be about 10 weeks after surgery. I had a planning meeting with a registrar last week where he went through all the side effects and told me what would happen. He said the hospital could arrange transport but I didn’t ask for it as I only live 5 minutes away. A couple of days later I got a letter with all the dates on it. On Wednesday this week I have the appointment on the CT scanner and the following week there is a phone appointment with the actual RT starting a week later. 

it is a really worrying time and I hope things go well for you. 

I was allowed transport as cancer patients are classed as essential users.
Ring your breast care nurse I was given a slip of paper before I started treatment with the numbers on to call.
They told me they did not like people driving anyway as you cannot know how you will react to the treatment.

Good Luck
Poppy xx