Best skin creams for radiotherapy

Hello ladies

Looks like I will start rads soon and I notice in the information sheets I have been given there is mention of not using cream with SLS in, due to the drying effects. So, just picking brains for best creams really, is any moisturiser without SLS OK? Will my skin go like chemo burn as I had that quite badly on my face but managed to fend it off by applying Lulu’s time bomb complexion cocktail every couple of hours.  

Hi Holeinone

There are so many SLS free creams on the market, I’m using Aloe Vera with Lavender oil, I’m also using Sheabutter, Beeswax and CBD oil. 

Best of luck with your rads. ?

I decided to treat myself to the stuff they only give you if you get bad burns! So I bought it from Amazon

amazon.co.uk/Biafine-271164-Emulsion-hydratante-186g/dp/B017NMJKL2/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=biofine&qid=1554056019&s=gateway&sr=8-1

My sessions were always at 9 am so I did not put it on in the morning but I applied it as soon as the treatment was over, then at about 1 pm, then 5pm then before bed and I was fine. The only place to burn was under my armpit but I did not know the beam went that far so was not putting it there. As soon as I noticed I put the cream there too and it cleared up. Great stuff.