Can you take Magnesium when taking Tamoxifen

Had bc 4 years ago and have been on Tamoxifen since then.  I also take vit D and baby asprin.  Had pains in shins and blood test showed slightly low magnesium levels.  Found it difficult to increase through diet so am taking 250mg of magnesium.  Not sure if this will be ok with Tamoxifen.  Is anyone else taking magnesium?

Hi geranium
Magnesium helps regulate Estrogen by regulating serotonin, if you had an ER+ BC, then 250mg of Magnesium May be too high.
Increasing mag through diet can be achieved by eating avocado, Banana, Almonds, sesame seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
200mg of Mag is a therapeutic dose, which may effect your Estrogen levels.
Hope that makes sense

I’ve asked the same question recently and got this reply from my pharmacist.

Good morning Melanie.
Low magnesium levels are thought to contribute to the development of hot flushes by making blood vessels more sensitive to hormonal changes. By supplementing with magnesium, blood vessels are thought to become more stable, thereby eliminating the
hot flushes experienced by many women in these circumstances. There is no recognised drug to drug interaction between magnesium and tamoxifen so the magnesium should not be affecting the action of the tamoxifen. Magnesium is however a food supplement and there are no robust drug trails to refer to. Hope this helps. regards, Hazel (clinical pharmacist)

i take magnesium to help help with hot flushes. What did you decide to do ?