Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of dec 19 starters?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: End of dec 19 starters?

Hi Faithy

That’s wonderful. Congrats and massive well done for getting through it! 🔔😀🤗 xxx

Highlighted

Hi girls, got my last one today! The skin seems to be holding out ok so far but being very careful! Will be glad not to have all the travelling every day and hopefully the fatigue will ease off soon, after gruelling chemo and then rads I've forgotten what "normal" feels like! Onwards and upwards now yeah girls!

Faithy xx

Highlighted

Hi Ellie and Faithy

oh gosh it sounds like you’ve had a hard time Ellie. I’m so sorry to hear about your father in law. I don’t know how you coped with that while having rads too. No wonder your skin has broken down - I’m sure we heal less well when we’re stressed and can’t rest properly. I hope it all sorts itself out soon. 

ive finished too, last Thursday, and I rang the bell too. I felt very happy that day to finish but since then the top layer of my skin has come off and that was sore. It’s getting better now and I think the shooting pains and swelling are reducing too. I’m absolutely exhausted. I just want to sit still all day. I’m hoping that will lift soon too but suspect it will continue while I’m healing. My lymph nodes are all over the shop and I have a really sore throat on the same side as the breast. Apparently it’s dealing with the inflammation. Our bodies are funny things aren’t they. 

I’m seeing a counsellor because I feel a bit flat and that’s been really helpful. It was free at the hospital and so far I’ve had two sessions and I’ve got another booked. She really explained all the things I was feeling and that made me feel much more normal. 

i really hope you are both ok and will start to feel better soon. I feel like I can see the way forward again and I’ve promised myself I’m going to be very gentle and kind about getting back to real life. 

lots of love. Lucy xxx 

Highlighted

Hi Lucy / Faith

How are you both feeling now. Have you both finished radiotherapy now?

Sorry I haven't been on here much recently my father was rushed to hospital a fortnight ago for emergency surgery. The treatment he had has upset his kidneys and he is still in hospital  over an hour's drive away. 

I had my last treatment Friday and my husband took a photo of me to ring the bell. I wasnt sure i wanted to do it but actually i did feel a sense of relief when I did. And the round of applause I got from others in the waiting area made me have a brought a tear to my eyes. 

I have been prescribed a different cream now for radiation dermititis and that seems to have helped with the blisters that were starting to form. And I have developed a red sore under my armpit I'm hoping the the cream will work on that as well. 

My head has felt a little clearer recently but I am getting pains through my boob like I had after surgery but I guess this is one of the things that I should expect under the statement I will feel worse for the next few weeks. 

Take care

Ellie 

Highlighted

Faithy

Glad you doing ok.

I understand getting tired with travelling.  I'm quite lucky that I live only a 15 minutes drive from the hospital (though some days have spent another 20 plus minutes looking for somewhere to park)  but on the days when I cannot get a lift there it's a minimum hour journey on the bus due to having to go into the town centre before catching a bus out to the hospital.

Hopefully you will get a chance to rest this weekend. I've taken to changing  into my PJ's as soon as I'm home so if I do drop off to sleep on the sofa I can just be left tucked up with a blanket. My kids think it funny mum falling asleep before them. 

We've just got to keep counting those sessions down and we'll be done before we know it. 

Take care

Ellie 

Highlighted

Hi Lucy

I paid for my first tube of diprobase  but was then told by a friend whose just finished her treatment that I should ask for it on prescription. So I mentioned it at my review meeting and the hospital did a prescription for my second lot. Fingers crossed that is all I will need. I hope you find it helpful.

I've been told I will be on my tablets for at least five years.. they are bringing many joyous benefits....

I'm just starting to get the lovely 'power surges' (as someone I worked with once called her hot flushes).

They counter act the cold freezes I have been getting every so often since starting radiotherapy. :-). Not brought back my apitite yet though.  

I'm looking forward to the weekend so I will have two days to rest before next week.  Take care you got this..

Ellie 

Highlighted

Hi Both

i might ask about dipribase cream. Did you buy that? My skin is coming off in sheets and I’m a bit worried it might not hold out until the end. 

I think maybe I should have had a drain as I had a large area removed ... not sure why I didn’t but it certainly felt much better once aspirated. 

take care, both. We will get finished soon. I will be dine on Thursday. Also taking hormone therapy for the next 10 years though ... 

xxx

Highlighted

Hi Ellie,

Glad you're doing ok. My boob seems to be holding up ok so far, I've got session 12 of my 20 today, so getting there slowly! Getting pretty weary now though, it doesn't help that I have a 45 min journey each way to the hospital every day 😞  Hang in there and you'll soon be done! x

Highlighted

Good morning Lucy Faithy11

How have you both got on so far this week?

My boob is still doing a glowing impression of Rudolph but the dipribase cream I have and fresh air seems to have helped with the itchiness I was getting. 

I am tired but have still managed to do the school run with my daughter, we just walk a little slower now. I am having some headaches and and feeling a little fuzzy but I'm not sure if that is the radiotherapy or due to the hormone tablets I'm now having to take. I'm going to look at the thread on that in a bit. 

Lucy I to had a WLE and lymph node biopsy. I needed a drain which my daughter found fascinating (she is 😎 though my son who is 3 years older found it quite upsetting. Fortunately that was removed after a week and  I haven't had any other issues since. I hope you are ok. 

All the best with todays sessions. I'm counting down now, only two more full sessions, today and Monday, then my four targets ones.. 

Ellie

Highlighted

Dear Faithy and Ellie

i also started recently - 17th December. I had five boosts at the beginning and then I’m in the middle of 15 whole breast sessions. I’ve got 8 more to go now. 

Sorry to hear you’re a bit red and uncomfortable. I’m the same. My boob is very dry and swollen up - I had a seroma after my op (WLE plus SNB) and I think it’s coming back because of the rads, which my consultant said it might. I’m finding that lying around with the boob out after the treatment is not the most graceful of looks but really seems to help with both the soreness and the tiredness. I plaster it with radiance gel, put a soft cotton hanky underneath it and just let it get to the air. Who knows how it’ll go this week though. 

much love to you both, I hope we get through this week ok. 

Lucy xx 

Highlighted

Hi Ellie,

I

I have a little redness but thankfully no pain as yet! My main issue is tiredness, mainly due to the travelling I expect, the hospital is 45 mins away from my home. I am ready for bed by 9pm each night, not good! x
Highlighted

Hi Faithy11

I started my sessions 19 Dec, it was supposed to be 18th but a machine broke down so they delayed the start date.

I have also had 8 sessions yesterday's was an extra catch up one after the system went down and my appoint ment was cancelled. I have another 7 to go with an extra 4 targeted sessions at the end. 

How are you finding it? I'm getting a little red now and feel as if I've got sunburn. Not comfortable but bearable. 

Highlighted

End of dec 19 starters?

Hello ladies, anyone else just started their radiotherapy? I'm having 15 sessions plus 5 boosters, will be having no. 8 tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone is in a similar position to me!