69206members
363371posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

February 2018 Radiotherapy

Re: February 2018 Radiotherapy

I had achy boob yesterday Meesh and havent started rads yet....put it down to too much hoovering!!

https://g.co/kgs/hjRi4o

Morning ladies! I have 2nd appt today and also my weekly check today. Has anyone experienced any aching in their boob after treatment? I'm not sure if mine was a bit achey last night or if it was in my head! It wasn't bad but I was just aware of it. I'll mention it when I go today. I must remember my moogoo stuff too, better go and put that out now so I don't forget! 

How about a bit of Jamiroquai's "canned heat" to get us all πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒIn the 😎😎😎Sunbed lounge today?

ha ha Meesh...love that name!!  It’s another chilly one today so think u will need that blanket!  Apart from tomorrow and my checking everything is going fine appointments are all early so prob gonna be even colder ❄️❄️❄️❄️

Good luck everyone, don’t forget your water πŸ’¦ x

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£yes although only one nipple seems to work properly now! Im Meesh McOneNippyNipple! I'm going to let the hospital provide me with a blanket!

Community Champion
Community Champion

Meesh were you having a bit of nip poking practice on the sly? Could be handy if anyone is a πŸ’© at work. I’m going to take a blanket on Thursday, it was cold at the planning meeting so I really appreciate the tip lovely πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Must admit it was a cold snap today!! Radiologist even apologised for cold hands!! Told her don't worry I'm already numb!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ . Few spiky pains in boob today but nothing unbearable!

Shi, Karen's not up til Wednesday! Couldn't believe how cold I was, kept thinking where's a hot flush when you need one πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Meesh and runnerbean πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘well done on 1st 😎😎 both of you 😁😁 meesh think i’ll Take a blanket on Thursday too good tip lovely 😘😘😘Karanas tune choice tomorrow as another Oct πŸš‚πŸ€ͺstarts the 😎😎Sunbed’s πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

They said they'd give me a blanket tomorrow 😊

Somehow I managed to just be in the right position on the bed so that must have saved some time. I had an air con vent right over me at the planning meeting. I was getting a bit embarrassed about my nipples but it was bloody freezing in there 😳

Thanks Runnerbean! Just got out on my way home now. Had a 30 min delay and was then in there nearly an hour! They went through everything with me, positioned me and then had to come back and reposition me. They don't do the breathe holding for right side. Its blummin freezing though I was trying not to shiver 😨

Hi Meesh, I was an hour late going in as my plan wasn’t ready but the whole thing only took 10 minutes and was nothing to worry about at all. The breath holding was ok as well, I had to do it multiple times but mostly for less than 10 seconds there was only one really long one. Good luck for later xx

Thanks everyone! Thanks Shi I can just picture you in that blond Afro wig twirling a couple of glittery wigs as cheer leader pom poms! πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚Appt not til 4pm so am currently at work stressing I'll forget all about it!

Runnerbean, hope your first one went ok!

Just setting off for number 3! Hope the snow holds off for everyone! Good luck ladies!! Xx

Morning ladies, heading out for my first session shortly. Over slept which is typical so it’s all a bit of rush now! xx
Community Champion
Community Champion

πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Žgo meesh, go meesh, go meesh πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘good luck to everyone starting today and we’ll done πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺladies ticking your sessions off now πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨great tune meesh πŸ’•πŸ’•β€οΈβ€οΈshi xx

Hope treatment goes well for you all today....mine starts Wed...I’m not too worried about it...thinking it’s gonna be a walk in the park compared to chemo...more stressed about how early my appointments are and the stress of getting their in time!!

Great tune choice Meesh

https://g.co/kgs/ArY9UL

Spider woman, that's good to hear. I hope the treatment treats you kindly too. On the jukebox this mornings no in the 😎😎Sunbed lounge is take that's "it only takes a minute" or maybe just a bit longer for our rads treatment! Keep πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»Ladies!

Number 6 of 20 tomorrow, hoping  that treatments 6-10 treat me so kindly. So far the RT has had minimal effect and just had a normal weekend.  Hope it's as good for those of you starting tomorrow -everything crossed 🀞🏻

Shi, πŸ˜‚ Will definitely be 😎😎 with Hawaii 5 O! Yes rads start tomorrow for me and Runner bean πŸ˜•

Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi alibobs sorry that you are having πŸ’© from your employer, you know what to do when you return to work, start on the dot, leave on the dot, take your full break times and no additional helping out or staying a minute over, it works both ways remember. 😘😘meesh how about a bit of Hawaii 5 0 theme tune for the 😎😎😎Sunbed shop as some of us πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺOct πŸš‚are starting πŸ₯“πŸ₯“πŸ₯“πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Hi they did a home visit less than 4 week after my op. Wasn't happy about that either. Felt they just came to have a nosey where I live! They have all the info from my gp as I had to consent to that too. I know how little they value their staff having seen how they operate over the years small cogs in big wheels! Unfortunately for me it's too late for me to move on. Was hoping to retire thus year but our pension age has been raised😠. Only work part-time but need that income.
Community Champion

Alibobs

Well done you making sure that you have put yourself first especially with the type of work you do, you certainly do not need the added stress.  Have they exactly what they want to know from your GP, at the end of the day your sick note spells it out "breast cancer", have they done an occupational health referral for you to check that they are doing everything they are supposed in relation to the your health and wellbeing?

Hope you are having a relaxing weekend

Helena xxx

Sorry I probably didn't make myself clear! I am actually on sick leave. I decided to give myself 100 percent to get over everything including the treatment time. That's why work want the report even though my gp has signed me off work and is fully supportive of my reasons. I have worked for 18 years on the same company and have only taken time off previously when I lost my parents. U am entitled to full pay for 6 months and I intend yo make use of it! My job is in probate banking which is both stressful and can be highly emotive too!! I'm not worrying ladies. Don't think they can argue with cancer!!!

2 if my tattoos are pin prick dots so not worried about them. The third is quite a lot bigger but still only looks like a freckle unless you get close so I can’t see the point in getting them covered. My bikini days are gone anyway so they will never be on show xx

I can barely see my tattoos also. I have heard people have them removed after or get them changed into something else, but to be honest I don't see the point when you need a magnifying glass to find them 😊

Alibobs I can barely see my tattoos either....the ones on the side I can’t see at all as my boobs are in the way πŸ˜‚ that’s rubbish about your work not believing you I hope you get it sorted!!

Alibobs, the moogoo stuff is lovely. That's terrible that your work requires that, can they actually ask for that? I'd be tempted to just get the Dr to sign me off for the duration!  My work have been great though and have said I can more or less do what I want.

Community Champion

Alibobs, they want to see a report from your onco?! WHAT ?! That is surely a gross invasion of your medical privacy !?

Community Champion

Alibobs

For god sake what are they like.   What would they do if you went off sick whilst you were having rads.

The weekends are really welcoming whilst you are having rads if nothing else the break from travelling.

xxx

Can't wait for my moogoo Karana!! How were your tattoos? Mine were barely visible! Gosh I don't know how you manage to run a pub and get through all this stuff too! My youngest Son is in the pub game too do I appreciate how much hard work it is!!

Hi ladies had number 2 Today!!! Lol!! Was very quick this Time!! That's it till Monday so just sat with feet up. No ill effects so far but appreciate its early days! Work is being a pain though! They now want to see report from onco! Make you feel as if you are lying!!😠 can do without them stressing me out!!
Community Champion

karana

I just checked mine and it was a size up from what I was, I am a size 18 so my friend got me a 20.  It loosen up a bit after washing though.

Just tried mine on and they are very tight too...may have to change for a size 18 😱😱

Karen, how were your vests? The elastic on mine was quite tight considering it was a size up to my normal one.

Alibob my MooGoo arrived in about 3 days I think so not long!!

Had my rads planning yesterday and got my 3 dots done...start next wed so a lovely valentines pressie for me πŸ˜˜πŸ’ž

Most of my appointments are very early so it’s going to be quite tiring especially the fact I can’t get to bed very early being in the pub game!!

Thanks for advice Lady Bowler...got 2 vests from M&S yesterday xxx.
Community Champion

Alibobs

Thats great First one under your belt.  Unfortunately thats the problem I had many occasions when my apt was delayed

Make sure you drink plenty of fluid as well xxxx

Runnerbean, that's annoying. At least you found out today and didn't go to the wrong hospital tomorrow! 

Hi ladies, I was due to start radiotherapy tomorrow but hospital called this morning and asked which hospital I was going to and when I said not the one I expected they said there had been a mix up and I was booked into the wrong one. Doesn’t make much difference to me only about 5 minutes travelling but they have booked me back into my original choice but can’t start till Monday now.

Spider woman, that's exactly what I've been doing putting on the pit Rock and then e45. I start Monday so trying to get boob and armpit nicely moisturised in preparation. Great tune! 

Alibobs, well done on first one only 14 more fir you to go! 

So I've survived number 1 of 15!! Spent most of the time sitting in the waiting room as they were running 45 minutes late!! Actual process lasted less than 5 minutes!!. Slapped on some 'radiance' cream after. Can feel a slight warmth in my boob!! Oh and managed not to sneeze or cough!!!

Today is number 4 and I’ve conquered the pit pong! Pit stick first and then E45 - It’s all about the base (keeping the song theme going) - So far I’m feeling good (que big Nina Simone opening). Managed to get out with friends last night but did leave my spidey costume at home πŸ˜‚

Hi Alibobs, I had my op beginning of August so my blue splodge has gone now but it did take a while. The odd pain is normal I think. A lot of us had aches and pains in boob through chemo and I asked about it and was told that's normal. Whilst it healed on the outside it takes ages to heal on the inside. I still get the odd twinge in mine and I also have a darker patch of skin where the tumour was. Hope your rads goes ahead and your cold clears up soon.

How about a bit of madonna's into the groove in the sunbed 😎😎lounge this morning to get us all πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒWe'll be getting into the groove daily for rads when they position us πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£

Splodge!!!! Ps glad you are ok Helena hope it wasn't anything serious. How's everyone doing?

How long did it take to receive the moogoo order? Starting treatments today. I have a stock of aloe vera and e45 creams but just ordered the oncology pack from moogoo. Just hope my horrid cold and cough doesn't prevent my rads from going ahead!! By the way anyone still experiencing the odd pain in the boob on and around the WLE area 12 weeks in? Can anyone tell me if they still gave the big blue splurge too from the radioactive injection? Wonder how long this takes to go? Thank you xx

Had a fascinating talk on how The radiotherapy machines work by one of the engineers at the unit followed by a tour of the unit and a look inside one of the machines which cost 2.6 million each! Our unit has 4 currently with a 5th one being installed next weekend!
Community Champion
Community Champion

Themadwife you are doing πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘well done you. Hope you got out for walk like you planned 😁😁hi alibobs, ladybowler is terrific isn’t she πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘for you helena for always being there for us 😘😘😘thank youπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Community Champion

Alibobs

The first one is longer as they go over everything again but after that they are quicker. Dont be mervous, again it is fear of the unknown and once you get the first one over it will be fine, they are normally only 10/15 mins from undress to dress again xx

Community Champion

Karana

Its a pleasure, I just got my normal size and it was plenty big enough with good support.

Helena xx