69206members
363371posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

February 2018 Radiotherapy

Re: February 2018 Radiotherapy

Alibobs, number 6 for me tomorrow. Hope it goes ok for all of us tomorrow πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€—

Number 8 for me tomorrow and I am definitely beginning to feel the effects. My boob is very warm and pink but not sore. I have had quite a lot of aches and pains over the last 24 hours too!! Boo!! Not done much today. Just the Sunday roast and a trip to Matalan!! Annoyed with myself for not getting my sorry backside in gear and going for a much needed walk!! Will do tomorrow morning before rads!! Hope everyone is Ok! Xx
Community Champion
Community Champion

Runnerbean how was the acoustic pan pipes botty barps off your husbands leg last night? Any good or do you need more practice? πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Community Champion
Community Champion

Meesh πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ we’d raise the roof off the O2 πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Lol Meesh, I can just see the faces now πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Jaxxi welcome aboard and good luck for tomorrow xx

Shi, can you imagine going on Britains got talent with our shiny red nolans leggings with Wonder Woman knickers over the top, topless with our misshapen odd boobs, farting tunes πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ I reckon their faces might be 😳😳😳😳

I've been for a walk and now spending boob time in front of πŸ”₯ 😊

Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Jaxxi pull those Nolan sisters red shiny leggings on and πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»With us through πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ let us know when pan pipes botty starts we’ll be able to see if Simon cowell will sign us up πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

😳oh dear, something else to look forward to🀣 Hope it’s not too bad for you amazing bunch of ladies, Love reading your posts , your strength shines through and you always manage to make us giggle. Join you on the πŸš‚ tomorrow. Take care xxx
Community Champion
Community Champion

Meesh, Wonder Woman pants over the Nolan sister leggings πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ and lets give πŸ‘©β€βœˆοΈA πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨to the face too if she doesn’t behave getting us through 😎😎speak to your team and see what they advise, are they checking you closely each day or more bothered about getting you lined up? πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Well it would be with our botties hanging out of the window 🌬🌬🌬 πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Ž

Beginning to dread Rads tomorrow as boob is already feeling  the effects and I'm only 5 down ☹️ I keep getting the odd pain in it and I think it's already swollen, the nipple feels like it's been chaffed. Part of my underarm also feels chaffed too, decided to wear my long sleeved t shirt inside out today to see if that helped. I need to get those Wonder Woman knickers out again I think! 

Community Champion
Community Champion

Meesh πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚thought it was a bit cooler last night πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚bit of radio ga ga by queen on the jukebox for all us 😎😎😎ladies πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Shi, that'll help with the hot flushes too πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Crazy ladies 🀣
Community Champion
Community Champion

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚if we all hang our πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨bottys Out the window tonight recon we could sound like a sonic boom πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Shi you are a bad woman, you have put ideas in my head for tonight now πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚he’s having a few beers so will be snoring it will be like an orchestra tonight! xx

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚OH also says I 🌬🌬all night too but he said that before I started radsπŸ˜‚I've been 🌬🌬🌬since starting chemo. I thought it might ease off soon, please don't tell me I've now got this for another 3 weeks? 

Community Champion
Community Champion

Runnerbean sorry to hear you too are pan pipe recording Artist of an evening too πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ Are you tempted to wait till he is asleep then put botty against his leg do you can get additional acoustic sounds off his leg πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Glad you said about the πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨Shi I thought it was just me. Apparently I play tunes in my sleep my husband thinks it’s really funny which is just as well really 😳xx
Community Champion
Community Champion

Meesh, had a great brown owl and snowy owl at our brownie pack back in the day is all I can say 😁😁alibobs glad the aloe Vera working and helping you 😘😘has anyone else been getting more windy botty on rads? I’ve just done a pan pipes cd with mine πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Shi, I wondered how you kept it in place. I tucked one end of my scarf down the armpit of my jumper to cover that and then placed the rest of it over my boob. I thought about sewing some ties on so I could make a silk boob sling, using safety pins makes much more sense, I'm such a wally πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Hi the aloe Vera seems to be working as the pink has gone down a bit! I felt a few pains and twinges during the night though. Been to the gym this morning so feeling good at the moment!! I've had my Smurf boob for 4 months now!! Slightly faded but still There!! Wish it would go.!! Curry in slow cooker! Out for drinks tonight! Happy weekend!!

Community Champion
Community Champion

Karana, meesh, I got strip of silk off the market for Β£2 and cut a square out to fit boobie and then used a couple of safety pins to attach the silk on the inside of the vest at the top and it’s working fine 😁😁put the main bit of the pin on the outside of the vest if that makes sense. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Community Champion

Meesh

It wont do any harm to do them, I must admit on the days that I didnt do them I knew about it, I was not able to do them 3 times a day as they suggest but certainly did them before I went to work and also before bed. The one that helped me the most whilst I was going through rads was the one where you are "climbing up the wall" with your hands

Helena xx

Thanks Helena, no I'm not doing post op exercises as I have been doing daily yoga since starting chemo. Although I must admit it hasn't been daily this week as I've been starting work early and then what with travelling to rads I don't seem to find time. I'll have to start doing them I think when I can't do yoga.

I sleep on my left and op was on the right, I've ordered a v pillow to see if that will help provide some support, it should arrive Tuesday so might try another pillow until then which is what I did after op.

Karen, I have a silk scarf so will probably try that folded up.

Community Champion

Meesh

Are you still doing your exercise from post op as I was told to do them throughout my rads as they help with the shoulder mobility?

As I sleep on my right side, op side, I used to tuck the duvet under that side when it was uncomfortable.

Helena xx

Might have to try the silk square trick...where do I get one of those from?

Love this tune 😊😊

https://youtu.be/BERd61bDY7k

Karen, my shoulder also feels a bit achey. My boob feels a bit strange, sort of achey too. It kept me awake a bit last night trying to find a comfortable position.

Shi, do you think silk would stay n place without a bra to hold it in place? Guess I'll just have to try it.

I'm moisturising with e45 morning and before bed with aloe Vera or moogoo after rads treatment. Did try doing an extra one yesterday at lunchtime but I was at work and it was really difficult so I probably won't do that again unless I really need to.

what are people doing today?

Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Karana, try a square of silk over your boob under the vest, it was a Mrs meow tip of jan rads thread, I know I’m a day behind you but so far so good, I cream after rads, then again about 2-3, then before bed. Roma same here one gown to keep all 😎😎and we can wash it ourselves. Having a flower power moment with sonny & cher on jukebox - I got you babe πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Morning ladies....I’ve been moisurising in the morning then when I get home after rads and then again before bed...just using MooGoo at minute! Was a bit uncomfortable last night while sitting downstairs in the bar...had on one of my post op bras but it felt so tight...think I’m going to have to rethink what to wear!! Boob feels quite heavy this morning and shoulder achy! Had a couple of hot sweats in night...not sure if that’s the Tamoxifen or the couple of glasses of wine I had 😱

I get a clean gown each time too, although they did say I could take my dressing gown. I might do that next week to help nhs and the environment!

Spider woman! Hope your smurf boob goes soon so you can resume your career as a pole dancerπŸ˜‚ I'm using e45 too and aloe Vera and moogooπŸ˜‚

Smurf boob can take a couple of months to go.

Alibobs, how are you getting on with the Aloe Vera?  I don't get a clean gown each time was given one at CT planning scan and told to keep it and leave it when treatment finished.  Trust cutbacks - patients to do their own washing, cheek of it! Have a good weekend everyone xx

Alibobs, how are you getting on with the Aloe Vera?  I don't get a clean gown each time was given one at CT planning scan and told to keep it and leave it when treatment finished.  Trust cutbacks - patients to do their own washing, cheek of it!

Have a good weekend everyone xx

That made me laugh Shi!! Yes hoping the pink subsides too but still there tonight so just slathered on some aloe Vera before bed! Speaking of Smurf boob I wonder how long we are blessed with That? Just to add I get free parking too at my hospital. We just show the car park man our appointments list and he raises the barrier for us! I do think they could save on Laundry money though as they give us a clean gown every treatment. No sooner have you got it on it has to he taken off again and binned! Maybe paper ones would be more cost effective! Have a good weekend everyone!

I'm E45ing twice a day at the minute, in the morning post deodorant to avoid pit pong and then just before bedtime - it's worked so far. Week 4 is super boost to smurf boob! Hoping they zap the blue out as its killing my pole dancing career! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

Community Champion
Community Champion

Alibobs 😘😘you remind me of Goldilocks trying 3 beds 😁😁hope pink boob settles over the weekend and enjoy the g@t. Karana hope you’ve got on ok today πŸ€žπŸ€žπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Spider woman, 10 done already that's gone so quick! πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚club Tropicana boob.

How many times a day are you ladies moisturising?

Day 10 and half way through, slight pink tinge on left side (mixed in with faded blue smurf boob)! Great look for the weekend....very Club Tropicana πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

Hi number 7 done today!! Boob looking a bit pinkish but hoping it settles over the weekend. Had to use another bed today as my original one was too busy!! That's 3 different ones so far!! TGIF! Out with the hubby and friends tomorrow night!! Will probably have a few well earned G&T's!! Yep I know booze is supposed to be off the BC menu too but I've decided to live a little this weekend!!
Community Champion
Community Champion

Meesh, I think in one of the booklets it says things can go a bit mid shaped doesn’t it? πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚right there with you about the number πŸ‘πŸ‘at planning out came the notepad and 100 pre prepared questions πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£just for a change πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»I asked them to play stand and deliver Adam and the ants as πŸ‘¨β€βœˆοΈNeeded a bit of πŸ”«πŸ”«from you again, first carriage from the nov 🎒is in already now and our jencat is in the β˜•οΈπŸ°πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Just airing boob and I've noticed that it's a little swollen. They did say that might happen, I wonder if that's why scar on nipple is sensitive.πŸ˜•

Shi, I have a new emergency phone number for rads! OH was πŸ™„theyll wish they'd never given you that! πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£Don't think I'll need it but you never know!
Community Champion

Have a nice weekend break ladies.

Shi, yes 🍹 🍹 at the πŸ–for me! They were playing bit of blame it on the boogie when having rads today. Did you tell them I needed a bit of disco? Was tempted to πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»

5 rads done for me today too! Scar round nipple feels a bit sensitive. Was in and out fairly quick and on our way home now. I'm getting fed up already too with the trekking backwards & forwards to the hospital daily!
Community Champion
Community Champion

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£my trust are raking it in then a Β£1 a session is cheap, alternative is a week ticket at Β£11 or a month ticket at Β£25.... as long as it’s going back into the hospital to cover treatments for the whole hospital I don’t mind, 2nd one βœ… has anyone else’s boob felt a bit firmer? Hope everyone’s 😎😎gone well today, meesh are you having a 🍹at the πŸ–πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Community Champion

To those who said they were doing a 20 second hold....that MUST seem like a really long time and feel quite tense. I've just tried it here and I can do it, of course, but its knowing that you CAN'T do it during RT that must seem a bit ...ekkkk. Anyway, you are all doing it just fine, so well done.

Morning ladies, day 5 for me today. Boob feels a bit odd today. Not sore or painful as such just feels a bit heavy and tight. At least I have the weekend for it to recover a bit. We don’t pay for parking here either. I got a slip from the onc which I took to patient liaison and they give you 3 months free parking at at all the hospitals in the area which is good as I use 3 different ones for my appointments. Hope you all have a good day and get in and out of the Rads quickly xx

Morning Ladies 😎😎😎

I don't  pay pay for parking at my trust either just have to get ticket validated by receptionist.  Day 4 today but then 2 days off.  Monday busy day with ultrasound and then rads so will prob be hangry by the time I get rads.  Good luck everyone today xx

Morning ladies....think it maybe different in each hospital re parking...we don’t have to pay if having treatment...just get our tickets stamped at reception!  Yesterday I sat next to a lady waiting to go in and she said to me β€˜look at us rocking the same haircut’ made me πŸ˜‚ 

Good luck today 😎😎😎 

I’m only on day 3 and getting fed up with ha I gotta to be up and out of house so early 😱😱