cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2018 Radiotherapy

Re: February 2018 Radiotherapy

Shi your a community champion when did that happen! Well done 👍 xx

Sorry pressed a button! Just got home from work, going in for no2 at 7pm seems a little late but ok Meesh no worries Jackie is my name 😘actually I didn’t notice🤓
Alibobs yes, getting that first one out the way is good feeling ok for this evenings 😁- you are nearly there well done🌸
Sue W I started tamoxifen a month ago feeling ok hot sweets and a little short tempered ha, or maybe that’s just me!
💕Shi, I will be listening out for the music tonight xxx

Just come home from

I’m due to start anastrazole this weekend. Was told to wait for a week after first Herceptin. Start rads on Monday. Anyone else on anastrazole?

I start radiotherapy in three to four weeks so just on the tablets I am going to ring my nurse tomorrow

It is hard to know if its the tablets or the radiotherapy that's causing the change in mood and other side effects. Maybe thats why some people have been told to wait til after rads before starting hormone therapy.

Since I have been on tamoxifen I have not felt right been on them nearly two weeks my mood as dropped and my energy levels not sure if these are side effects and they will disappear
Community Champion
Community Champion

Meesh 😘😘excellent choice of tune 😁😁hope your boobs ok when they check it over. Alibobs, I asked about the cream buildup to at my unit and they advise 3 times a day or more if required and like meesh’s unit want cream free boob for treatments. I’ve been using a sensitive baby wipe over whole area just to make sure of shower doesn’t get everything off as we can’t scrub. 😘😘💕💕shi xx

Sue I was told to start Tamoxifen the first day of my Rads. I asked cream as well and was told the same as Meesh, if I had to much on they would wipe it off but otherwise it’s fine to put some on as long as it’s absorbed by the time I have treatment. That’s 8 done for me now and today was the halfway point as I’m only having 15. Hope everyone is well and not looking too pink yet xx

I'm on tamoxifen as well - started 6 weeks ago and so far I've been doing ok.  

How about a bit of Buck's Fizz making your mind up in the 😎😎😎lounge today! We can whip our tops off instead of skirts 😂🤣😂

Sue, both me and Karen are on tamoxifen whilst having rads so assume it's ok. If it'd just been me I might have questioned it seeing how useless onc is 🙄

Well done Jaxxi, sorry my phone adjusted your name to Jackie last time 🙄

Hope everyone's doing ok today. No 8 for me later. Nipple looked swollen this morning so I'll ask about that today.

Alibobs I asked about what you'd been told about cream build up. They said I can moisturise as much as I like providing I don't go to rads with cream on, if I do they'll wipe it off. So probably best not to moisturise up to 2 hours prior to treatment.

It’s okay I just rang radiotherapy unit and it’s fine lol xx

Query ladies
Due to start rads on Monday 26th Feb but been told to start tamoxifen tomorrow are we ok to take it whilst on rads as someone has told me they were advised not too x
Thanks

Morning everyone, no 1 done yeay! went well, straight forward couldn’t think of any questions when they asked😳but as soon as I got in the car they al came to me! I was thinking about you guys when lying there, sending good vibes to all, which was comforting. On my left side but don’t have to hold breath. Made a special note of what was playing on the radio, but now can’t remember 🤪 hope things are going well for you all too💕xxx

That’s 7 done for me so at the halfway point tomorrow already. The screen which shows if I’m holding my breath right wasn’t working today so I just tried to judge how much air I needed to breath in to get to the right position. They we’re pretty impressed when they came back in the room that I had still managed to do it right so I must be getting better at it now. I was thinking in the night when the hot flushes woke me up that I could release a Christmas game, something like name that tune only with 💨💨💨instead of music. Think I’m finally losing the plot 🤪

Jackie, Ayvi, how did it go today? Alright I hope 😊

So that's 7 On my way back now! Managed to get in and out before my actual appt time. Got undressed and had 🌟🌟all over me! Reckon it must've been from your glitter spray cans Shi 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Jaxxi63 hope your first session went ok and you now feel more relaxed about the rads. Number 10 tomorrow for me!! Yay!! Ticking them off!!
Community Champion
Community Champion

Do not dong, that sounded rude sorry ladies ooo eeerrr 😁💕💕shi xx
Community Champion
Community Champion

Meesh 😂🤣😂🤣😂no not yet 😁😁😁I might try and get some glitter shoes on though and dong a quick timestep 🤣😂🤣😂 Spider woman see if you can 💨💨💨 a pan pipes version of walk this way by run dmc 🤣😂🤣😂🤣💕💕shi xx

Wishing you better spider woman. I've been a real hussy and haven't been wearing a bra at work! I figure it's only a few weeks unless I get used to the freedom of letting them all hang out! 😂🤣😂🤣

Yep full on cold for me! Staying still and doing breath hold while trying not to sneeze or cough is a nightmare 🤧 Pan Pipes will be aimed fully on him as he sleeps tonight#tough lurve 🙊On a positive note, means I have worked from home so no bra needed 

Oooh the spice girls that'll get me dancing to rads in a bit, thanks Shi! I have my red shiny Nolan leggings on ready to boogie away 🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻🕺🏻💃 No bell at this hospital for me either Shi so will need to ring a virtual bell again! Perhaps you can ring yours twice and ring it for me too! Have you worn that Afro wig there yet, that'd look great with those red shiny leggings 😘

Spiderwoman did you catch your hubbys cold? I hope not.

Hope everyone is doing ok and letting those boobies hang out to air!

Community Champion
Community Champion

💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺👍👍🎉🎉🎉👏👏👏the midwife, that’s gone quick now we’ll done 😘😘let’s keep it going girls, there was a bit of 🛎🛎🛎in the unit this morning and everyone was 👏👏👏the people getting to end of 😎😎😎 it’s lovely everyone supporting each other 😁😁tattyhead are you pulling your Nolan sisters red shiny leggings and having a bit of a 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻Lovely? Come on, join the 🤪🤪😎😎😎lounge, more Oct 🚂🤪🤪🤪will be joining the 😎😎😎lounge next week. Bit of spice girls, spice up you life on the jukebox 🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😁😁😁💕💕shi xx

Number 9 done without any drama but a rather long wait!! Seem to be dragging on now. Will be glad to see the finish post! Anyway went for a lovely brisk walk in the sunshine for an hour this afternoon. Lovely to see the Spring flowers peeling through!! Roll On!!

7th session done 🙂 

Getting a few twinges and aches but no tiredness like yesterday.

Think I’m gonna mention achey boob again when I go tomorrow...it doesn’t feel too bad while I’m there then gets worse as day goes on...it’s more on the side where scar from lymph node removal was rather than tumour side! They’ve not mentioned to me about not washing area so I’ve been washing it and moisturise 3 times a day!

Just think ladies...every day is another one off...we are rapidly heading for the finish line!!!xxx

Well done the madwife, whoop whoop you're done! 🔔🔔🔔🔔🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎈🎈🎈I've only got a 45 min trip each way and already I'm fed up with it 3-4 hours must've been a real drag. Hope your skin behaves over the next couple of weeks.

Good luck 🍀🍀🍀Jaxxi and Ayvi hope your first sessions go well today.

Shi, Karen, Spiderwoman, Alibobs, Runnerbean (sorry if I've missed someone) hope your appts are on time and have no dramas. 

Karen, I hope you remember to tell them about your achey boob 😊

Good Morning 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

So happy, I finished 15/15 yesterday 🍾 Feeling very relieved and looking forward to today, without a 3-4 hour round trip.

Had very positive last session, was warned that side effects will probably worsen over next two weeks, but we finished with a rousing accompaniment of Ed Sheeran and Galway girl 🎉🛎🔔🌈💃

I have been getting increasingly tired, so looking forward to taking it very easy. Been lucky so far with skin...only pink and itchy. I have just used E45. 

Good of luck to the rest of the February gang xxx

Gosh jaxxi63 you are an early bird!! Thought I was bad for not being able to sleep in!! Hope all goes well today for you. Please don't worry it's a breeze!! So I'm NOT applying any cream this morning after my shower but taking it with me to put on straight after rads! See how that goes - number 9 today! Hope it's less dramatic and quicker than yesterday! Good luck all!! Xx

Hi Meesh. Yes so annoying! Phyced up and ready to go.... good job my friend was with me, as a little emotionally unstable when things don’t pan out the way I expected, slightest thing!!! ended up going for coffee and cake instead! Hope all goes to plan today 10.30 if all goes well🤨got the red leggings on already this morning unable to sleep. Hope everyone is ok and not too sore. Avyi good luck starting today too xxx

It's so strange what different hospitals say isn't it? Also makes it difficult for us to know what to do. I was told to just let the water run over my boob and not to use anything on it when washing. So I'm must be getting a build up of cream. I think I'll ask about that tomorrow to see what they say.

Well done Juno another one off for you too!

Hi Meesh yes I thought it was odd too but they said a build up of cream/moisturiser could affect the outcome of the rads!!! Even though I shower everyday!! They said to only use it once a day preferably at night!! Anyway I now have a lovely big of silk stuck inside my bra now as I type this!!

Thanks ladies for the replies re stinging arm. 

6th session for me - boob starting to get a bit sore and today I felt tired for the first time, not sure if its the treatment but have been resting since I got home.

Jaxxi, how annoying and frustrating! So are you on tomorrow instead?

Well done everyone who had appts today we're all one more closer to finishing! Wahoo! 🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃

Alibobs, really you were told you'd used too much cream? I wonder how they know? I'm having what I call my "boob time" 3 times a day where I slather cream on and sit with boob out letting it sink in. I was told to moisturise as much as possible but at least 2 times a day. Think I'm going to need to buy more cream at this rate.

Number 6 done today. I told them about my twinges and aches and they had a look at it and said it looked fine but they'd keep an eye on it and I was to tell them if it progresses. 

Good luck to all you ladies starting tomorrow! Keep 💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃💃🕺🏻💃 And 🌬🌬🌬Ladies!

Hi, hope you all got well today and feeling ok 💕🌸Little frustrating 10.30am appointment was changed to 6.30pm, then hospital phoned this afternoon, to say machine had broken down, so haven’t started yet! So glad I don’t have to travel too far. Put the leggings on again tomorrow All dressed up and nowhere to go! Will have to wait a little longer before I join the band😘xxx

Hi, I have my first session tomorrow morning. Then have every day for 3 weeks.

Will update as I go along.

thanks Dawn

Number 8 completed not without a little drama in the rads department!! Was running almost an hour late and when I enquired why they said "a lady had a heart attack on the table earlier so this has knocked us back"!!!! How awful for the people waiting to go in at that time too having to witness the paramedics going in!!! Anyway I also got told off for using too much cream on my boob!!!! Only apply it once a day they said!!! So here I sit pink and itchy but not able to use anything!! Oh well only 7 left to go!!!

Number 6 done for me, no side effects yet apart from a slight heavy feeling and the odd rib twinge. Fingers crossed it doesn’t get too much worse. Good luck for Wednesday Roma xx

Well that's No 5 done.  Just got in, ultrasound this morning followed by RT.  2 hr delay due to 2 out of 3 machines out of action but hopefully back up and running tomorrow.  Onc on Wed so should have results of ultrasound fingers crossed 

Community Champion
Community Champion

Karana what did they advise you about boob? Chaffinch 👏👏👏that’s great and full admiration to you, the rads have given me another cold sore already 😠😠so much for glamming through rads got a nice compareed patch on again 😂🤣😂🤣nice. Everyone is as meesh’s Tune choice this morning says could it be magic ing through 😎😎😎💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Only no 3 for me today, so waiting for the 🥓🥓to start. Meesh hope they have machine sorted after Karana had such a faff about this morning, bet you were 😤after the traffic and parking too. How’s everyone else got on today? We’ll keep 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻And playing our 💨💨pan pipe bottys 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣💕💕shi xx

Well I’ve comitted myself to the Walk all over cancer challenge with Cancer Research for March. 10,000 steps a day in March. Should manage it on rads days just need to up my game at weekends. I start rads a week today.
https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/liz-walks-all-over-cancer-35

Number 11 for me, feel really tired today but OH kindly shared cold/flu type bug so think that may be to blame rather than RT!

Rads No4 for me this morning! My boob is feeling very heavy and achy...not very nice...will mention it today but like Shi says they seem more worried about lining you up than how you are!! I have a review on thurs so may have to wait TIL then to get answers??

Good luck to everyone else...each day is another off!!

Shi I think I need a bit more practice but I’m sure I will be able to play a decent tune by the time Rads are finished 🎶 number 6 tomorrow already and no issues yet just feel a bit heavy in that area but let’s see what the next 5 bring. Good luck to everyone for next week xx

Has anyone's taste changed since starting rads?

Just had an orange and it tasted like a grapefruit 😝

Community Champion

Juno

That is totally normal and it does take time for everything to settle down, it took mine a good six months to settle down.  It was very weird putting deoderant on and not being able to actually feel it. 

If you are worried you can always give your bcn a call and ask for her advice.

xxx

Hi Juno

I had my WLE and SNB at beginning of Dec and mine is still numb in armpit and  a little way down arm with occasional nerve pain.  Consultant did say that it can take up to 6 months to get back to normal. 

Good luck with rads next week everyone 😎😎 xx

Another week of rads for us then....

Can I ask if anyone still feels a stinging soreness (as well as some numbness) under their arm (on the affected side?) - I've been told its nerve pains from the SNB and that these should ease but its been nearly 11 weeks since my WLE operation...