I rang the Bell

Hi all,

sorry if I haven’t been around much , as this radiotherapy has taken a toll on me making me sick and a feeling of unwell, but hey I did finish my treatment I’ve slept for a couple of days just eating lite and drinking juice and water so I’m plying the cream on as they have made me very sore under my bust, due to where the cancer was , and I have also taken my bra off and put a loose top on instead which makes it feel better, but I’m so very tired at the min but I rang that bell 3 times and it felt good yet not good still seeing people who are still going through treatment make me so sad this Cancer has a lot to answer for it’s a cruel disease sorry , I’m feeling very emotional at the min and I just want to cry, I also had a weird dream, can anyone remember reading about a young lad aged 19 who died of bowel cancer he made a diary it was called /Stephensstory  his name was Stephen Sutton , but he came to me while I slept but why he popped in ther I don’t know but he fought cancer bless him I feel he was trying to tell me their is light at the end of the tunnel have fun enjoy your new you ok think I’ve babbled now too much need sleep to recover now good luck every one I shall still be here.

Catt57 :slightly_smiling_face:

@catt57  Yes, I understand this post - my last three sessions are coming up. I forgot to book my transport for Monday when I came home Friday, I fell asleep and truly forgot. Managed to get a booking confirmed this morning but I will be a bit late for treatment on Monday (cannot explain how upset/angry I feel at myself)…

I have met several people who are receiving palliative care and their determination and fight to live leaves me feeling humble - one lady said to me 'I can tell that you are a fighter, keep that fight strong ’ as she was leaving I told her to have a ‘good day’ I somehow know you will I added, to which she smiled and waved.
These are the meetings and conversations that anyone who is not going through treatment (would not understand) that is why I appreciate being able to share on here. Keeping strong is a large part of the treatment but sometimes we too need to curl up and gather our strength and will.

All the best Catt and well done on coming through it all.
Poppy xx