363371posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2018 Radiotherapy

Re: March 2018 Radiotherapy

Hi Twistie
Nice to meet someone from the North! I was offered Salford but its too far as I live in Stockport. How about you? I will go to Maggies b4 or after treatments on certain days. Have you been? A shame you cant start as we just want them done, don't we! Im sure they will start as soon as possible. Good luck with your treatments. Mine is at 4.25pm.x
Hi Ali S
Good to see you moving on too!x
Lady Bowler
Its been a long journey! Hope you and Colin are good. Xx

Absolutely gutted that I won't be starting my rads tomorrow now. Just had a phone call from the hospital and they have had to cancel my appointment as one of the machines is broken! Been waiting to start since middle of January, feel like crying! 

Kaz xx

Community Champion

Ali

Welcome to the thread where you will get loads of support whilst you are having your rads.

Helena xx

Hello ladies. I will be joining you too. I have finally got an appointment for my planning tomorrow. It seems like I've been waiting for ever so hope to get started soon xx
Community Champion

CK

Helloooo and welcome to the thread.  If it is anything like me, I was given my appointments for the rest of week on the first day, then every Friday after that for the following week, or they might even give you all of them on your first day.

It wont be long before you are having your last session of active treatment

Helena xxx

Hi CK,

Great to hear you had good results with clear margins from your surgery. I start my 15 rads Wednesday 7th as well but at Christies in Salford so will be nice to see how you get along with yours. I got all my appointments when I went for my planning appointment last week so am sure they will give your your otther appointment times when you go tomorrow. I have got a late morning appointment tomorrow but then will be stuck in afternoon/evening rush hour for most of my other appointments unless they change any of them.

Good luck

Kaz xx

Hi Helena, hi ladies
Hope all coping well!
I haven't been on the forum for a while as have had a few busy weeks at work and also recovering from my surgery to clear lymph nodes and clear margins and had good results. I start 15 rads this Weds 7th at Christies in Manchester and only have the app time for that day. Will they give me the other app times on the first one? X

Hi Roxanne/ I had the same information at my planning, it was mentioned by the oncologist, and hasn’t been spoken of since (no 10 out of 20 today). I spoke to the radiographer at my review last week as it has been playing on my mind, she said it possibly could be a long term SE, if you had an X-ray in 20 years time, they might see some scarring, but said not to worry, as the treatments are extremely precise. Feeling ok on day ten, little pink and have had waves of being tired, but ok and still working around treatments. Probably not looking my best though!! Good luck x
Community Champion

Roxanne

I was told that was one of the possible side effects when I had my rads in January 2017 to date I have not experienced any problems xx

Hi all, i have a planning  meeting  later this week. Im going to have RT to my right hand side. Ive been told that i may have scarring to my lungs and a cough 😯

Has anyone experienced this?

Community Champion

Otter

Welcome to the thread and I am sure you will get loads of support on here as you go through your rads.

Helena xx

Hi 

It's been a long journey for me started in June when I was first Diagnosed after routine mommogram surgery on 4th September then discovered that tumours were in fact one large so had to have chemo which started on 4th November so now onto the radiotherapy

Had planning meeting last week so all tattooed and ready to start on 15th March 15 session but as Easter in middle will get a four day break half way through

Then after l will find out which hormone tablets I will be put on

The chemo thread has help me through that so hopefully we had help each other through this stage

🤗🤗🤗🤗😘😘❄❄ Stay warm

Community Champion

Jax

Yay that is another done.  When I was having mine I had gaps of 4 and 3 days because it was over the Xmas period and they were fine with that.

Second one done and hopefully they will fly by. A little concerned as heavy snow expected tonight but they did say not to worry if I have to cancel tomorrow’s appointment as my treatment plan allows for some missed days they will just tag on the end or do a  Saturday...have a slightly warm boob at the moment!

@ladybowlerwrote:

Jax

Yay, they will soon pass xxx

Hello All

Hope you're all safe in this snowy blizzard. I started rads this week. It will be no. 4 today if I can make it there. Of all the weeks for my car to break down...It's now in the garage requiring a new alternator, belt and earth connector..as the AA stated...not sure when I'll get it back. Fortunately I've been relying on friends and family to take me to rads and back...not sure if anyone can take me today. May have to postpone..

Hope you are all doing well..

Fairydust x

Community Champion

BluebellTime

Yay, oh that is great the end of active treatment for you.  Hope you have something lovely planned to celebrate xx  Just remember to look after yourself for the next couple of weeks as the effects will still be with you. 

I met some lovely people when I was having mine, you almost got to the point that you were looking out for them to see if they were having treatment at the same time as you xx x

I just finished my rads yesterday!!  The forum has been a big help, thank you so much LadyBowler Helena for all your help and encouragement to us all. I had 15 plus 4 boosters and the month passed quite quickly, I kept meeting the same people and it got quite cheery at times! The staff were lovely. Good luck to everyone this month - hope the snow does not cause too many problems Mo xx 

Community Champion

Jax

Yay, they will soon pass xxx

Community Champion

Kaz

No at all, totally understand the end of this means the end of active treatment   🙂 🙂

I still remember the day I finished mine, it was great knowing that I did not have to do that journey again and that my treatment, albeit that I would be on tamoxifen for 10 years, had finished. xxx

Thanks Helena,

I did manage to get to my appointment, had my tattoos etc and am now due to have my first of 15 sessions starting next Wednesday. Call me sad but I am so excited to get started as its been a long time coming, I had my surgery 8th December.

Good luck to everybody going through treatment and hope we all sail through it.

Kaz xx

15 sessions, one down 14to go! 

Community Champion

Jax

Yay.  How many are you having?

Helena xx

Community Champion

twistie

I hope so, it is awful to have the uncertanty with this flipping weather at the moment.  We have had a couple of flurries today but they have not amounted to much.

xx

Due to start tomorrow.......

Hoping to be joining this thread, fingers crossed that the snow doesn't stop me from getting me to my planning day tomorrow.

Kaz xx

Community Champion

March 2018 Radiotherapy

For those ladies who are continuing their rads during March or who are about to start them.

Helena  xxx