cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oozing wound

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Oozing wound

Seems to be difference of opinion no matter who we talk too. I have clinic on Friday to look at wound so I’ll see when I go there. BCN said for me not to cancel my appointment for radiotherapy planning on Monday until I see the doctor at the clinic. I honestly can’t see any point in going for planning when no sign of wound healing any time soon. I’ll let u know what clinic says plus if I go to rad prep on Monday I’ll ask them if there is an optimum time to have had radiotherapy started x

Just got my 5 th lot of antibiotics been in hospital as well on a drip, saw my bc nurse yesterday and tol d to just keep pressing pus out and gonna get me an appointment with a doctor on Wednesday, my radiotherapy has been put back so many times and I’m due again on the 29th and it looks like that’s gonna get cancelled as well. Worried now because radiotherapy people said 6to 8 weeks treatment has to be done n bc nurse 12 and it’s been 10 now but read if it’s over 12 more chance of the cancer coming back and I’m worried sick

Omg that’s awful. I actually thought it was just myself that was having such problems with wound healing!!!! It’s so frustrating isn’t it. I actually thought everything would go so smoothly. Never counted on all these wound issues. It really gets me down. 

Are u on antibiotics? I am going to phone BCN tomoz to see if she will look at my wound again as it has now completely dehissed and is looking a bit mucky. 

Hope your wound starts behaving too chick x

Had a lumpectomy 8 weeks ago then got a seroma 2 weeks after that I was getting it drained 3 times a week then had an infection that’s had to be drained every other day then 2 weeks ago got an abbess that burst and since then I’m having to squeeze pus n gunk out twice a day and dress it the nurse has been flushing it out twice a week n said it’s ok she even got a surgeon to take a look n he said it’s ok!!!!! Can’t go on like this!!!! Ready to crack!!!! Radiotherapy has been delayed for 5 weeks

Thankyou.

yeah it is a week on Monday. I just wanted to get this final part of treatment over with but it will probably be withheld due to wound. 

Thanks for your advice. 

@Seabreeze wrote:

Hi Denzel,

Radiotherapy can cause damage to the skin, and works by damaging all cells, the non-cancerous cells subsequently  repairing, unlike any breast cancer cells which struggle to recover and die. Hence it is highly likely they will push back the date for radiotherapy until the tissue and skin is sufficiently healed to tolerate radio.

When you say next Monday do you mean this Monday coming or in a week and a bit? See what they say and if it's in a week and a bit you might find it helpful to speak to your breast care nurse for advice next week or even make a follow up appointment for the nurse to check how your healing is going and she what she thinks.

Seabreeze x

Hi Denzel,

Radiotherapy can cause damage to the skin, and works by damaging all cells, the non-cancerous cells subsequently  repairing, unlike any breast cancer cells which struggle to recover and die. Hence it is highly likely they will push back the date for radiotherapy until the tissue and skin is sufficiently healed to tolerate radio.

When you say next Monday do you mean this Monday coming or in a week and a bit? See what they say and if it's in a week and a bit you might find it helpful to speak to your breast care nurse for advice next week or even make a follow up appointment for the nurse to check how your healing is going and she what she thinks.

Seabreeze x

Oozing wound

I still have an open wound from an infection post lumpectomy. I have my planning for RADS next Monday. Can I still get radiotherapy even though the wound is not healed? Sorry that might be stupid question