Post radiotherapy skin and bleeding problems

Hello All,

I finished radiotherapy at the end of June 2021. I had quite a significant skin reaction requiring gel and dressings. Since finishing radiotherapy I have also had quite a bit of swelling in my breast and have to wear a sports bra to help manage that. I have found it difficult to manage the ongoing skin sensitivity and while it has never settled down completely, it did seem for a while to be getting better very slowly. It now seems to be getting worse again- I have a build up of gunk where my bra pushes one side of the nipple back against my breast and last night it bled a little.  

I am waiting for my breast care nurse to contact me but was just wondering if anyone had any similar experiences? 

Thanks

Rannie

Hi @Rannie , I’m sorry to hear about your skin reactions, this must feel very uncomfortable. 

Even if you just want to talk things through, you may find it helpful to contact our nurses here at Breast Cancer Now too. You can reach them on our free Helpline, 0808 800 6000. (Open Monday to Friday — 9am to 4pm and Saturdays — 9am to 1pm)

Alternatively, you can get in touch with them in the Ask Our Nurses area of the Forum and they can respond to you online.

Best wishes,
Shareena