327831posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radiotherapy September 2019

69 REPLIES 69

Re: Radiotherapy September 2019

Hi ladies, nice to hear how you're all getting on. I took Sue's advice and now drink lots of water and eat a sandwich straight after treatment. Feel ok, maybe a little tired but it's been a busy week so it could just be that. Just finishing a coffee before I head off for number 6. Sending love and hugs xxx

Hi Joemic and others. Yes, I had my last session yesterday and was called in early for the first time! There’s a bell you ring on the way out to signify you’ve finished your treatment, and everyone in the waiting room claps and cheers! In fact I’ve found the atmosphere in the waiting area so full of life and positive. I guess it’s because we’re all in the same boat and can cheer each other on. I had my final review. I do have quite an itchy rash, especially around my collar bone, which will get worse until it gets better. She said expect a couple of weeks before it improves. I’m using aloe Vera, which I find quite good. But if it’s bad, I can get a hydrocortisone cream, though she cautioned that it can thin the skin. She also suggested antihistamine tablets if the itching drives me mad.

So now it’s just a follow up appointment in oncology in mid November, and I believe a final ‘holistic’ one to one at the breast care centre to go over any concerns. Then it’s back to annual mammograms. Hopefully the end of this 6 month journey - it’s my second time around, after 11 years. Best wishes to you all on this journey.

Community Champion

CC1971

Just wanted to say that happenedvto me started tamo a month before i started rads and did find i was more anxious and tearful but it passed after a couple of months, that was three years ago. 

Ladies make sure you take in plenty if fluid i was told 2 litres a day as it helos combat the fatigue and dehydration

Helena

Hi Ladies

SueLSE - I think it should have been your last rads today? I hope it went well, I bet you're relieved it's done now - I am so looking forward to my last one on friday; like you I've had long journey times not to mention the waiting at the hospital - I have only been seen on time once, they are consistently 30 mins delayed.

MissWhite89 - Hope you've been coping well, we've only 2 left to go now yeah can't wait. I've not suffered any fatigue yet and am still managing to walk up the hill from the train station, although I'm finding it a little more difficult and the breathing is a tad more laboured but hopefully the extra breathing will shed a few more caloriesSmiley LOL.

Clarabelle - How are you getting on are you finding it any easier now?

Good luck to everyone else who has finished/about to finish or are still going through rads are as well as you can beHeart

Joemic x 

Hi girls

I think the exhaustion hits me most at weekends which is awful as I have a 5 year old and get mum guilt for not being able to do much with him. In my review this week they told me to expect this fatigue to last 2 months after completion of rads which is annoying. The rads itself has been going well I've got a slight pink box around my breast lol, I've been using bio oil and aveeno and massaged in well (used separately not together lol) Mine feels more like its bruised if I'm honest. Wating times improved vastly this week also which was good and all 4 machines have worked all week. I think once you get into the routine of things you settle into it and its crazy how fast that time goes. I've got 5 more sessions left then I'm done and on to reconstruction. I can't believe we're in October this week it's coming up to my 'cancerversery' on 25th and what a year its been this seems to be bringing up a lot of mixed feelings for me. Anyway I hope everyone is getting on okay with rads I've seen a few of you are not doing too bad and I hope this continues for you all.

God bless and lots of love xxx

Hi all, I’m now 12 down, just 3 to go. I’m having my lymph nodes zapped too, and that’s the only area now that has a pink rash and is a bit itchy. That’s the area below my collar bone. The breast itself is fine. I’ve been using aveeno cream morning and night. I can’t say I feel particularly exhausted. I’m travelling on the bus, which I actually find quite relaxing, and it’s much easier and quicker than driving into the city centre and trying to find somewhere to park. I take a bottle of water, and often a currant bun.....I have occasionally fallen into the temptation of buying a bar of chocolate but try not to! I am dead tired by 9pm, but I think a lot of that is all the travelling, 20 mins appointment can take me out the house for 5 hours with the waiting around, and sometimes have been in an hour late. But I like to try and chat to others in the waiting room, and have met some interesting and friendly people, all with something in common and at different stages of treatment. That helps to pass the time. Best wishes to you all.

Hi Clarabelle

I was exhausted after my first 2 treatments, however for my 3rd and subsequent treatments I ate within 15 mins after finishing my treatment either fruit or wholemeal sandwich and a handful of almonds plus drank at least 500ml of water and have not suffered fatigue since and I am now 10 rads down and 5 to go. I cant say for sure it's down to the eating and drinking but I'm going to continue.

Hi everyone else, I hope treatment is going well/has gone well. I got a very slight pink tinge to my skin after my 10th rad but it went when I slapped on some aloe vera gel, it does seem to become pink again when I'm having a hot flush then goes again when the flush has finished.

I put E45 cream on at least 2 hrs before rads (recommended by radiologist), Aveeno straight after ( wasn't on the recommended list but radiologist is happy I'm using it), plus another 2-3 lots of Aveeno between getting home and going to bed. Time will tell whether this regime will work or not.

Keep well ladies, we're near the end now.

Joemic x 

Hi Ladies, I started my radiotherapy yesterday and it's been useful to read your posts. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm a bit surprised by my reaction so far as I felt  exhausted yesterday after my first session. I'm thinking it's probably emotional. I find I'm lying there worrying about my position, not moving, how I'm breathing etc when I just need to chill! I'm hoping I'll get to grips with it as time goes on xxx

Hi Astra

its the brand ‘Simple’ in the green packets. I use them to wipe the pen off only. I use aveeno body wash for showers and find that has been no problem to my skin so far. I am

on 8 of 15 at the moment.

Thanks

Becks x

Thanks for information re Dove wash that you are using, Joemic. Looks like you will be continuing your rads into October then.

Hope your fatigue lessens and your skin remains good.

Sandpiper

x

Hi ladies

Glad things are progressing well for people. I was recommended Dove to wash with and aveeno, time will tell if it helps or not.

I still don't like the machine (I'd rather have spiders crawling over me!) but the team are great and they've got it off to a tee now, I'm in and out so quick, no chit chat just get lined up and off we go - it works for me so I'm happy with that - only 10 left to go nowSmiley Happy.

I was shattered after the first 2 sessions but it is a 1.5 hr train and bus journey there and the same back, nearly ended up visiting the seaside due to falling asleep on the way backSmiley Frustrated. Since then I decided to pack myself up with a wholemeal salad sandwich, a handful of almonds and an extra water to have as soon as I've finished the rads and haven't suffered fatigue for the last 3 sessions - or over the weekend so I'm going to try the same strategy this week and see what happens, hopefully it keeps the fatigue at bay, I feel like I've been fatigued since my first chemo session.

Good luck for your treatments ladies and I hope any skin reactions are minimal.

Joemic x

Thanks for your advice, Denzel and CC1971 I will check out Simple soap and Dove Baby Wash as well as the blue Palmolive that you used, Miss White 1989. I'll restart the exercises too this week as well. Have started using Aveeno already. You all seem to have managed to avoid skin problems or soreness so what you are doing must be good. 

Wishing you all well.

Sandpiper

x

Hi Becsan

what wipes were you using?

Thank you

@Becsann wrote:

Hi Everyone, hope all is going well with the rads. I had no.7 today, I was delayed a couple of days due to my thyroid going crazy. Seems chemo left me another gift!   Radiotherapy is tiring, I honestly can’t stay awake past 9!

Its over so quick though so can’t complain.

A little tip for everyone when they draw on you  a Simple wipe  brings it off with no rubbing at all. I have lines on me everyday so helps not to try and scrub it off 😊

It’s Friday and time for a well earned glass of wine.  Have a good one everyone xx

I used Dove Baby wash throughout. I got cream after a week and apply morning and night. I’ve been lucky and only had some pinkness.

As to the exercises, I had no restriction of movement and have continued with exercises, topped up by some 1to1 Pilates sessions. After two weeks of rads I still felt my shoulders stiff. Keep doing the exercises.

I was advised to use simple soap. They provided me with zero base cream to apply morning and night and also a steroid cream for tea time. I only have four to go and so far have not had one problem with my skin. 

Thanks very much. Hope your stiff arm improves and your tiredness gets better soon. You've just reminded me that I maybe should restart the post op exercises in case I have that problem with the rads as well. 

love

xxx

Ah I thought I recognised the name lol. Glad you recovered well from the surgery sorry to hear about your seroma tho. My surgery went well also although I've been having trouble with my arm and stiffness but I guess its hard to get through any of this unscathed. Good luck for October the main thing that took me by surprise with rads is how tiring it can be. 

Lots of love xxx

Thanks for replying - I'll track it down and check the label!  Glad you found Aveeno worked well for you - I bought two containers so hopefully this should be enough. I think we were on the same thread for July surgery.  I recovered fine from the WLE but still have a seroma though it hasn't caused me any problems.

Take care

Sandpiper x

xx

Hi Sandpiper

Im currently using the blue palmolive, I think its sensitive which I used whilst having chemo. My hospital has not mentioned anything about soap for Rads tho. I've been using Aveeno for a while now and highly recommend that 

Hope that helps good luck for October.

Lots of love xxx

Hello,

Can I just drop into your Radiotherapy September group to ask what brands of soap are okay to use when going through radiotherapy? At my planning appointment the radiologist said to avoid ones that contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. I was in the supermarket today buying my Aveeno lotion, as recommended,  and was checking out soaps but there are just so many and they all have long, long lists of ingredients in very small print. 

I start my rads in early October so it is all getting very close.

I hope you are all coming through your rads without too many problems.

Thanks

Sandpiper

x

Still tired, but I think some of that is emotional. Off work for a week and signed off for next one too.

I had no fear of machine as Ninewells have new programme where they showed you a video of what to expect.

I did have a few moments of anxiety, if the machine broke or even if it were different radiographers.

Lots of care from staff and a wellbeing appointment next month.

Take care everyone.

Hi Everyone, hope all is going well with the rads. I had no.7 today, I was delayed a couple of days due to my thyroid going crazy. Seems chemo left me another gift!   Radiotherapy is tiring, I honestly can’t stay awake past 9!

Its over so quick though so can’t complain.

A little tip for everyone when they draw on you  a Simple wipe  brings it off with no rubbing at all. I have lines on me everyday so helps not to try and scrub it off 😊

It’s Friday and time for a well earned glass of wine.  Have a good one everyone xx

Hi Joemic 

Aww bless you sounds like it’s been a little traumatic for you I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve found that my arm and chest really ache afterwards from holding position for so long. And yes the fatigue seems to set in straight away doesn’t it and I also put this down school runs and getting my 5 year old to settle at night but now from hearing that your feeling the same way Im putting it down to the rads. Hope everything went well for you today  one more to tick off our lists 😊

sending love and hugs xx

Hi Ladies

I hope you are all doing well and coping with the rads

MissWhite89 - Blimey, bless you you have been on one heck of a long journey, I hope you are coping ok with the rads, 3 down 12 to go, keep strong won't be long until they're overSmiley Happy

CC1981 - You have done so well managing to work throughout no wonder you are feeling tired, hopefully it won't take too long until you feel 'normal' again. A holiday might do you the world of good even if you do stay at home and put your feet up for a couple of days just to give your body the rest it needs.

As for me I wasn't aware I would find the radio machine freaky until I was laid under it on Monday and found myself becoming very anxious which took me by surprise as things like that don't usually bother me. I was told it was ok as the machine wouldn't come too close or touch me, I've fought with a fair bit of hyperventilating the past 3 days although I nearly ran when they were setting it up today and it knocked my arm, hopefully will stick it out for the remaining 12.

I was really tired after rads Mon and Tues and nearly ended up at the seaside after falling asleep on the trainSmiley Very Happy, I ate an apple and a banana after rads finished today and didn't fall asleep, I think the natural sugars woke me up. I'll do the same tomorrow and see if the same thing happens. A bit difficult to tell if the rads are making me tired or the constant struggle to get teenagers to bed before midnight whilst still having to get up at 6 to get them off to school again the next morning. I think the tiredness is more teenage related than rad relatedSmiley Frustrated but will see.

Good luck to all continuing or starting rads and a big whooo to those of you who have finished.

Joemic x 

Hi

I had a lumpectomy on 2nd May and only started radiotherapy on 21st August. I was lucky that I could wait, but it was very frustrating. I went back to work and am currently working. Only 2 more sessions to go, but I think fatigue is setting in. Otherwise things are fairly good - although I feel more anxious (I’m blaming the Tamoxifen).

A bit apprehensive that it will take some time to get back to ‘normal’.

Hi Joemic 

thank you for your kind words I’ll be thinking of you also. This has been nearly a year in the making as I started chemo treatment in December which lasted to June then surgery in July and now rads which is my last part of active treatment thank god. All that will be left for me to have is another op but I can deal with that. It’s been a long long road but nearly there now. 

Good of luck to everyone

xx

Hi Tinaan and welcome. I know how frustrating it is, the waiting game and it’s an unfortunate part of the process. I’m ‘experienced’ in that I went all through this 11 years ago. But this time it seems there are more and more people to treat and longer to wait. That’s been my experience all the way through with waits for scans, wait for surgery etc. I had lumpectomies on both breasts on 21 June but unfortunately had to go back for a mastectomy on 24 July, so only a day after your surgery. It is the remaining left side which is now being treated with radiotherapy, but the mastectomy delayed it all because of waiting to heal on the right. 

So I am literally sitting on the bus now on my way in to my 3rd session. I started on Wednesday, which was very nearly 12 weeks after the lumpectomy and exactly 7 after my mastectomy. And even then I harassed them a bit to get it brought forward. I don’t like pestering as I’m sure there are always more needy cases than mine, but I’ve learnt that it does pay as they did manage to bring mine forward by a week. The guidelines seem to be between 6 and 12 weeks after your lumpectomy so hopefully you’ll hear soon. Meanwhile just enjoy this lovely weather while you still can...I’m spending half of every day travelling and being treated! I think it’s a cruel joke that while I’m flat on my back with my arms held up behind me and the machine whirring and clicking, they have a picture on the ceiling of blue skies and palm trees! Just remember this is hopefully the final stage. I keep checking online for holidays in November with real sun and palm trees!

Hi all , I’m a newbie had my lumpectomy on the 23rd of July . Saw my oncology consultant on weds and am now waiting for a measuring appointment , can I just ask how long you have waited for this next appointment . I desperately want to get my radiotherapy started ...thanks 

Hi Ladies

Glad that treatments are getting underway and have finished for someSmiley Happy

Leonie68 - My sentiments regarding guidelines exactly. Why make them if they're not relevant. My chemo was started just after the guidelines recommended, my Onc said it did not matter - then went on about how I was at high risk of recurrence so we needed to start asapSmiley Frustrated. Unless they have been in the same position they cannot understand just how anxiety provoking it is when the days go by and you still haven't started. I didn't think I'd be in any rush to get toxic drugs pumped through me either but I wasSmiley LOL. As the time for the radio gets nearer it does concern me regarding the risks especially when the nurse said you will get lung damage but don't worry it'll only be a tiny bit so shouldn't cause you any problemsSmiley Surprised. Anyway as with chemo, I'm willingly going ahead and hoping the damn thing works.

MarFromEssex - How interesting that you didn't use any creams despite your skin being sensitive and only having negligible side effects, I hope this continues for you. Glad you mentioned the bra, I intend to wear one to and from my treatments - don't want anyone thinking I have some strange growths protruding from my abdomenSmiley LOL (gravity has not been too kind!).

SueLSE - So glad you have started your radio as you say it's the last stage, I'm looking forward to being able to move on too. You did make me smile about startling people on the bus if you went bra less, It concerns me a bit too; mind you I think I've done enough startling people already - my head felt itchy when I was in the supermarket and before I knew it I whipped my wig off to cool down (I'd totally forgot where I was)Smiley LOL, makes me laugh now remembering the look of shock on the poor mans face when I did itSmiley LOL.

Jenniewren - I find the cream business a bit confusing as different hospitals seem to recommend different things, I've got some Aveeno but it's not on the recommended list at my hospital (Oilatum cream, E45 cream and Diprobase). Did you put your cream on as soon as your session had finished or did you wait until you got home? It'll take me 1.5 to 2 hrs to get home. I hope your fatigue is improving now.

MissWhite89 - We're nearly there now, well starting radio that is and we'll both be finishing the same day - lets hope it goes well for both of us, will be thinking of you.

Joemic x 

I agree the anomalies in treatment times for radiotherapy is concerning. Whilst I am dreading it I just want it to be done and over......and effective! After chasing it via my breast nurses for weeks I got consultant meeting 4th Sept. (3 weeks after onc. And 8 weeks after op) Oncologist already told me not to worry about timescale as guidelines were 12 weeks after last surgery which was 11th July for me. Radiotherapy consultant was lovely and reasuring and said I was low risk so studies show so long as within 6 months there was no difference. Reassuring I was low risk, not reassuring they were happy for me to wait 6 months. So I badgered her, my oncologist and breast nurses and got planning appointment next week but treatment only starting 2nd october.......1 day before the 12 week guideline!

If it's a guideline it's for good reason and should be adhered to by all health trusts, not be a postcode lottery or down to how pushy you get about it.

Had to laugh though......I ended up badgering them for something I would have given anything to get out of......really went against the grain but if I am having it it had flipping well better work Smiley Happy

I have just finished (on Tuesday)  my 15 sessions bilateral radiotherapy for DCIS in both breasts. I had to hold my breath for both sides. I assume it was to avoid lungs/heart as much as possible. I only had to hold my breath for 10 seconds at a time. I am quite fit so could have held it longer but they never asked me to. 

I was absolutely dreading it but it has been ok. The only issues I have had is to lay with my arms above my head for half and hour and then try to relax😣. 

My skin has been fine other than some slight rash where I have previously been sunburned. I wear a cotton bra very loosely with 2 extenders to avoid my skin rubbing and also cotton loose T-shirts. This has stopped any friction plus I take my bra off at home.

i have not used deodorant nor any creams and though I am a redhead with freckly sensitive skin this has worked very well for me.

The only issues I have had is the machine breaking down in the middle of treatment a couple of time meaning that I have been laid out as on a rack for an hour ☹️☹️☹️

I have avoided trying to rub all the ballpoint marks they kept putting all over my boobs which made them look quite interesting 😀 just washed with tepid water and no soap. 

The marks wear off eventually so dont don’t worry about getting them off as it will aggrevate your skin. 

My husband took me every day as we are retired so I was lucky and the hospital allowed free parking during treatment. I hope this helps xx

I finally started my 15 sessions yesterday. I left home at 9.30am and didn’t get back until 1.30pm, so it certainly takes up a large chunk of the day. I will be leaving at 1.30pm today for a 3pm appointment, yesterday there was a 30 mins delay. After an initial mammogram in mid April, followed eventually by double lumpectomies late June, and then on again for a single mastectomy in late July, I finally feel I’ve reached the final stage and can hopefully move on - it will be 6 months by the time I’ve finished.

As for going bra less, it’s not really an option for me, as I’m wearing a prosthesis on the non radiotherapy side and need the specialist bra I’ve got to hold it! And as I’m a 38DD, I wouldn’t want to startle anyone on the bus by not wearing it!

Hi, just to say in my experience having the actual radiotherapy was better than I expected.Yes the fatigue is a challenge both during and after,but the daily trips for the treatment, travelling and your head full of all what is going on is a large part of it. Re the skin treatment during and after,it's really important to be vigilant in keeping on top of the moisturising as it affects the skin like sunburn.

The radiotherapist and the specialist breast cancer nurses were great in recommending the best creams. I found the soft bralets were a good option to wearing no bra as they are longer than a normal bra so don't sit tight underneath,you can get front or back fastening ones so easy to put on.

Good luck! 

Hi Joemic

Im scheduled for 15 rounds so should finish the 4 October. Yes I can agree with you there I’m really looking forward to finishing treatment at the moment it’s felt a bit like I’ve bin in limbo as my surgery was 17 July and it’s been an awful long time since then. I’m going to be having another surgery after this but I’m hoping that I should be able to move on after rads finishes. Good luck for Monday hun will be thinking of you 😊

@Joemic wrote:

Hi MissWhite89

You'll be starting the same day as me then, how many are you having?

Can't say I'm looking forward to the 3 hr round trip for travelling but am looking forward to finishing my treatment - well apart from the hormones and bisphosphonates that isSmiley Happy.

Good luck

Joemic x 

Hi MissWhite89

You'll be starting the same day as me then, how many are you having?

Can't say I'm looking forward to the 3 hr round trip for travelling but am looking forward to finishing my treatment - well apart from the hormones and bisphosphonates that isSmiley Happy.

Good luck

Joemic x 

Highlighted

Hi

My radiotherapy is starting on Monday, it’s good to hear everyone who’s getting through and your experiences of it. I feel like I know what to expect now.

Hope everyone is doing okay

Xx

Hi Dogwalker,

Thanks for the advice, I had heard that it was the couple of weeks after treatment where the worst effects are.

It makes it a bit confusing when different centres advocate the use of different creams - I think a bit of research is needed here so that a more standardised list of products to choose from can be given to patients no matter where we are treated.

I have icky skin anyway so will have to wait and see how it reacts, fingers crossed it won't be too bad. I haven't got big boobs but gravity is working on what I've got so the skin folds will probably be an issue. I'm wondering whether to get an 100% cotton t shirt or something that's 100% cotton and cut it up so I can wedge it under the breast to prevent friction. I hate going bra less so that will be a challenge but I've got just shy of a week to think of something suitable and have it ready.

I'm pleased you are on the other side of the radio now and I wish you a healthy future.

Joemic x

Hi Joemic

I also had 15 sessions with 2 reviews, one with a nurse and one with an oncologist.

I don't want to alarm you but the worst bit for me regarding skin care was when the treatment was actually over. I used E45 cream 3 times a day during the treatment and all was fine until about my 12th session when the skin around the fold of my breast began to redden. I was recommended Hydrocortisone 1% cream when it became sore, but the radiographer warned it would probably get worse and said I could get special cream from the GP if the skin broke. In the days after my last session the skin blistered and became moist. I have fairly large breasts and apparently things are made worse by the friction. It did heal up OK but for a few days it was difficult to find a comfortable bra which did not rub the skin. I tried putting cotton wool over the area, but it stuck to the skin. So I resorted to wedging a folded up piece of kitchen towel under my breast, which seemed to work and soaked up the moisture.

Apart from that the radiotherapy was fine. I never had the fatigue I had been warned about. I made a point of keeping myself active.

Best of luck with your treatment.

Hi Ladies

Had my planning session today and am finally going to start on the 16th for 15 sessions, they're all around 12 noon which will be beneficial for the hour and 40 mins travelling either way, I'll have to make sure I don't fall asleep on the way back otherwise I'll end up at the seaside for the rest of the daySmiley LOL.

I asked about creams and was told something without fragrance i.e E45, Aveeno etc, I asked how many times I should apply it and was told whenever I rememberedSmiley Frustrated, good job for this forum as I know how important good boob skin care is throughout the radio and after.

I have 2 reviews one 2 weeks after starting with the radiologist and one on the final day of treatment which may not necessarily be with the Oncologist and probably with the nurse. Same with the follow up appointment 6-8 weeks after completing radio. That would mean I would have seen my Oncologist twice throughout treatment is this normal?.

Anyway just relieved to have a start date. Good luck to all going through treatment and to those about to start.

Joemic x 

Thanks all.  Had my first session today and was fine.  Worst but for me was being to cold and trying to keep still whilst cold and nervous .  I was told any tiredness would peak around 10 days after treatment finishes x

Hi Ladies

Hugs to all who are just starting treatment (and to those coming to the end of theirs), it's great to hear that things are finally moving, I hope to be given a start date at my CT planning scan on Fri although I remember my oncologist saying that I would have the planning then go back to have an appointment with the Dr before starting, I hope there's not too many as the thought of travelling an hour and a half each way by bus and train is wearing me out before I startSmiley LOL.

Good luck to everyone having treatment I hope it goes well

Joemic x 

I have just had my planning session with CT scan. But just to reassure everyone, this is my second time as I was treated for my right breast 11 years ago. This time I am having radiotherapy on the left side, and it will also cover my lymph nodes, as the sentinel node was affected. I did not suffer too much last time, and am not anticipating too many side effects this time, though I know I am likely to be sore.

i think the fatigue is as much the emotional drain of all we’ve been through to get to this stage, and also the daily travelling. I plan to use the bus as long as I can, as there is hardly any parking and it’s in the centre of a big city.

jewels46, please try and relax and not think too much about it. I’ve tried to have some fun myself whilst waiting, which has included a couple of mini vacations and some day trips, whilst there was still some summer left.

I start next Wednesday, and I managed the 20 seconds breath hold quite easily in my setting up this morning. 

I’ve been there before....honestly, it’s not too bad!

Thanks , sometimes I have to much time to think about it .  I need to spend more time planning/ doing more fun things x

There really is nothing to worry about ! X 

I am due to start Thursday and getting nervous now thankfully have a friend driving me.  Hope everyone is doing ok 

Hi Becks

I have 4 boosts left now so finish on Thursday. I’m using Aveeno cream twice a day. I have develop some dryness under boob and in nipple but not too bad really.

Hope you find rads ok - it will soon pass 😊.

wishing you and everyone else staring all the best.

Mel xx

Mine is on the left side. 

Hi everyone,

I have my 10th radiotherapy (out of 15) tomorrow.

i found holding my breath for  20 seconds really hard, so I practiced at home! It is getting easier with practice.

My friend, who has already been through bc radiotherapy was recommended to use aloe Vera 98%organic gel. I have been using it and be fine with it so far.

I have rested after each treatment as I was warned about fatigue.

Hope all goes well

Susie 💗🙏

No I don’t have to hold my breath and it’s my right side. I was under impression that breath holding was only for left side radiotherapy. 

Hi Everyone, it’s great everyone is getting dates now, feels so much better when you know what’s happening. You can see the end of this rotten path we seem to be on. 

Has anyone been asked to hold their breath at the planning appt? I had mine yesterday and I couldn’t do it apparently I had air leakage from my nose 😂  I am still a bit weak at the minute after chemo and 6 hour op plus asthmatic so I guess it’s not surprising.  20 seconds is quite a long time!

i am a bit worried though that I can’t do it although at least it’s my right side that the rads are on.

Anyone  else not able to do it. Or any tips if you did as I might get another try? 

Hope everyone’s coping well with the rads. And those that are starting soon.. good luck! 

Mel you must be almost finished! What cream have you used if any?  

Big hugs to everyone 

Becks xx