Radiotherapy postponed

Hi all 

I hope you are keeping well.

I started my radiotherapy 12 weeks after surgery.I had 3 sessions before pain in my arm was severe and then on my 4th it was so bad they have postponed my 5th.

I am in so much pain. I have muscle cramps and spasms in my arm and my shoulder also hurts. On my 4th they had to force my arm down after the treatment as it was stuck in an overhead position.

no one seems to know what has happened to it. I can handle the nerve pain and the burning but this cramping is agony.

I am taking diazepam to relax the muscles and codeine and paracetamol .

I am so disappointed that I can’t get my treatment completed and I’m worried about when they might be able to start it.

Sorry for the rant, I want to be positive but right now I’m getting so down.

Hi Amanda , that sounds horrible and so upsetting . I found it very hard to keep my arm in the required position it pulled so hard on my lymph node scar -I was about 12 weeks post surgery too .

You have done 4 sessions - that will really help with the chances of re-occurrence so please don’t get too upset about the 5th .You could ask about this in the ask the nurses section of the forum they may have some ideas .Best wishes Jill x