Radiotherapy questions

Up until a few days ago I was down for chemo , now its been changed to radio therapy.

My main problem is I have long time phobia of being sick. With chemo you can have anti emetic drugs to control sickness , is there the same for radio therapy and does it work ? also are chemo and radio treatment the  same with regards dental problems ?  And i have been taking a period delay tablet to control heavy uterine bleeding for many years , every one wants me to come off them , there is not enough time to though and I could start bleeding heavily again and not be able to get out for my first treatment.

I had 3 weeks radiotherapy . As far as
I know -severe nausea/ vomiting  is not a common side effect nor are dental issues as your immune system is not being put under immense strain as it is with chemo.

radiotherapy is targeted at a very specific area - usual side effects are fatigue and sometimes redness / soreness around the treated area. I did feel a little bit nauseous but that was resolved by drinking more water - radiotherapy can cause dehydration so drink plenty of fluids and that side effect should be very mild . You could ask about this in the ask the nurses section too. Good luck xx

I’m on day 10/15 of radiotherapy and not suffering sickness or nausea at all. Worst bit is the hour travelling to get to the hospital for treatment. I did suffer during chemo but so far so good.