1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radiotherapy while scar not yet healed?

8 REPLIES 8
Skylark_er

Re: Radiotherapy while scar not yet healed?

Oh Sally, I’m so sorry, what a shock for you. I’m so glad you’re coping ok and getting through. Sending hugs and good vibes and all good wishes
Xxx
SallyG63

Hi Skylark,

Yeah after 12 years I got a different cancer in the same breast so had to have mastectomy and chemo which I got away with not having last time. Just done second lot of chemo, so far so good.
Skylark_er

Hi Sally, 

That's really good to know , thank you so much for letting me know. You say first time though so I guess you're back again, Im so sorry. Are you doing OK? 

Hugs xx

SallyG63

Hi Skylark,

I had 15 x radiotherapy first time around years ago and it really was completely trouble free. End up with very slight pinkness like sunburn which I just slapped a ton of aqueous cream on. Apart from that no side effects or tiredness at all.
Skylark_er

Oh well done Gill, that's amazing, you're over half way. Thank you so much for telling me all that, I really appreciate it. This site is great, I'm feeling more positve already. It makes such a difference to hear all thse little details from someone actually doing it. I hope you have a brilliant time at your afternoon tea - what a lovely daughter! All good wishes to you x

Gill3105
Community Champion

Hi skylark. Can’t help on the wound I’m afraid. Nor can I tell you what it’s like at the end of rads yet. I am 12/20 and feeling absolutely fine. Turning a bit pink and have a lovely triangle shape on my boob and just under my arm. Looks just like a heat rash. Just keep plastering the cream on which I keep in the fridge so nice and cooling. A few stabbing pains but was told this may happen but had similar after surgery so no concerns there. I honestly believe every single one of us is different and being semi prepared will help but all could be ok. Have 8 to go 5 of which are boosters to the tumour bed. Then recovery and hope it carries on as now if not then will cope with it and cream and excersise to beat the fatigue again something that hasn’t happened yet and hoping it doesn’t as my daughter is organising the breast cancer care afternoon tea for me so have to be right for that!!! And I will be 😃. Stay strong and positive it helps. X take care
Skylark_er

Hi Chick1

Thank you so much for your reply and I hope your symptoms disappear soon. I will defenitely talk to the radiologists once my appointment gets sorted out. It's so helpful to hear about other people's experiences and I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me about them. I got a bit hung up on the rare effects  ( having already had a rare post op experience some years back) and it's reassuring to hear that you actually didnt get fatigue or skin issues. 

Best wishes to you too xx

Chick1

Hello Skylark,

Sorry can't help with the wound predicament and rads.  Maybe you could ask for a second opinion or just discuss it with the people administering the radiotherapy as they will have seen most things and how it can affect.

Regarding radiotherapy, I had 15 sessions.   I did experience a worsening of my arm movement afterwards,(just as i had got it back to some normality).  This has taken time/is taking time to feel more normal as well as effects on scar tissue.  I also  still get sharpish pains every so often, which are considered a normal side effect.   On the plus side, I did not experience any additional  fatigue or skin issues during or after.  I did use E45 on my skin every so often.

Regards and best wishes to you x

Skylark_er

Radiotherapy while scar not yet healed?

Hi all, I had a haematoma after surgery which took a few weeks to heal but hasn’t quite closed up in one section, like a little gutter. My onc says it’s ok to start rads now but I’m not convinced. Won’t that area be more at risk of problems? If anyone has any advice Id be very grateful. I’d also really like to know how you all felt after rads, is the tiredness debilitating? I’d ghete anything I should be doing to prepare? Thank you, so glad to find you all!