cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radiotherapy

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Radiotherapy

Hi Ali,

Pleased you got the verification you needed and so quickly. That's great and I hope it's put your mind at rest.

Also many thanks for posting your update - I'm sure it will help other women with DCIS with the same q who come to the forum in the future.

Wishing you well - removal of the DCIS with clear margins all sounds very positive and like it was caught really early.

X Seabreeze 

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I managed to speak to a BC nurse today and the Radiotherapy doctor again.

She said that due to the DCIS being small and the surgeon removed all with clear margins the benefit of radiotherapy would be very low as compared to the side effects, particularly long term ones. She said the team had discussed it and thought in my case it wasn’t necessary. I will have the yearly checks so fingers crossed! Apparently not all ladies are offered it or indeed choose to have it.

Hopefully I can continue to heal from my Op and see my consultant again in a few months!

Ali

Hi Ali,

It might be worth you giving the nurse at BCN a ring (tel number at top right hand corner of the screen), for a quick chat, before contacting your oncologist or breast care nurse to double check. I don't know if perhaps it being DCIS (as opposed to invasive ductal carcinoma), might have any bearing on it? I totally see why you are wondering/questioning it, hence worth double checking - plus to put your mind at ease if the radiologists view is shared by the oncologist.

X Seabreeze

Radiotherapy

Hi,

I have recently undergone a lumpectomy for DCIS which was successful with clear margins. However, I’m confused as my consultant said that I might have follow up radiotherapy but after speaking to the radiotherapy doctor she said that I didn’t need it even though it was 22mm high grade! 
I am now freaking out. Will have annual mammograms but is this enough?? Feeling a bit scared now tbh! 
Anyone else had similar?

Ali