Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sore armpit

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Sore armpit

Radiotherapy effects continue

to build for up to 2 weeks after the sessions stop, the skin under my boob really broke down in the week after and was sore and weepy and I ended up with an infection but the good news is it cleared up really quickly with antibiotics and 3 weeks after finishing skin was healing well .Its disappointing that it's not all done and dusted but things will settle down really soon .

Highlighted

Thanks will do, I feel a bit down with it as I thought  it’s all over but it isn’t really. Also had a 24 hour bug so feeling drained anyway xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Tesco, Superdrug etc do some sensitive skin graze dressings, might be idea to get them and keep it covered till you get seen. Don’t let docs receptionist fob you off and also ring your bc nurse too or nip to your rads unit, they will take care of you ❤️💕💕shi xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

You need it checked out. Your body is so vulnerable now you really can’t afford any infections. Call doctors ASAP. X

Highlighted

Thanks, I’ll call doctors Monday as had armpit clearance on that side, I’m just annoyed I didn’t think and put a plaster on it. Xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Alvilajo, i would go and get it seen to and dressed properly just to be in safe side you don’t want any infections. Hope you get it sorted soon. 💕💕shi xx

Highlighted

Sore armpit

Hi any suggestions would be good, I’ve finished radio therapy just over a week ago and noticed a mole/skin tag under my arm pit was dry and half off, silly me put a plaster on it so I didn’t catch it, but the plaster has taken my skin off and now it’s weepy and sore, I’m using the dressings and foam pads I was prescribed but it’s difficult to keep them in place. Should I visit doctor or will it heal on it’s own xx