Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Radiotherapy 8th Aug 3019

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Starting Radiotherapy 8th Aug 3019

Hi there,

Don't know about the cream as I only start rads on the 19th (but I would imagine after treatment is better) but regarding normal eating after chemo, I was told after you could go back to 'normal' eating once the last 3 week cycle had finished and it should be fine. 

HTH

Sharon

Highlighted

Hi,

Just to let you know there is an August 2019 thread if anyone starting in August wants to pop over and join in

Xx

Highlighted

Hi ladies 

i have just finished radiotherapy, I put Aveeno cream on every time I go to the loo! I have bottles everywhere. I also took a small pot  of it and applied before getting dressed after treatment. It seems to have helped as up to now it’s very red, sore and twinges. It seems that the following two weeks are the worst part as the radiotherapy has built up and continues working. Only felt tired and had a few naps after. 

Good luck ladies!

Highlighted

Not long now Mel. Good luck 🤗

Highlighted

Hi Avalily 

I was told to put cream on morning and evening as less likely to forget when dressing/undressing. My appointments are all teatime. Good luck 🤗

Highlighted

I bet you can’t Mel. Good luck with it.

Julie xx

Highlighted

Hi Julie - pleased you’ve finally finished! Can’t wait to crack on with mine after all the delays! 

Mel x

Highlighted

I finished my radiotherapy yesterday. My appointments were all 9:00 appointments so I moisturised after each session. I used E45 and so far have had no skin problems. Got to still keep moisturising though as rads are still working. Good luck with it.

Julie xx

Highlighted

Wishing you good luck next week.  I’ve been using aveeno through my chemo so I will carry on with it and see how it goes.

Highlighted

Meant to say - sorry I didn’t have chemo so can’t answer your first question x

Highlighted

Hi

I also start radiotherapy next Thursday at 1.30 for 4 weeks. I have started moisturising once a day - I’m using Aveeno cream. Hope all goes well.

Mel

Highlighted

Starting Radiotherapy 8th Aug 3019

I am 4 weeks post chemo when can I start eating food I had to avoid during chemo? starting Rads next week do I put cream on morning before I go my appointment is 3.00 thanks