Topical skin treatments

I’m about to start RadioRx, and wonder what people might recommend to minimise/ treat the skin side effects?

I know to moisturise - but are there any to avoid, or use?

Hi B

Avoid anything that is perfumed and anything containing any kind of fat or oil. I found that Aqueous Cream BP, which you can get from larger chemists or via Amazon, was very effective (the hospital had given me it for pressure sores) and I suffered only the tiniest itchy patch on my chest and shoulder blade throughout the whole course. I know others have trusted E45 and Aveeno (but check the ingredients before choosing which one you use). Remember the rays pass through so moisturise the back too.

Good luck with the treatment. The daily part turned out to be the biggest obstacle for me! But I know I had an easy ride (to make up for the chemo!).

Jan

I just finished radiotherapy today and thankfully my skin is perfect. In Edinburgh they gave me zerobase to use morning and night and betnivate at teatime. I always wash with QV wash anyway as I have psoriasis but they had said simple soap was what they recommend. Not one bit of bother have I had thankfully. 

Finished my radiotherapy 13th Sept.     I was given zerobase in Inverness and was told simple soap but was told the dove shower foam I usually use was ok as well.  Generally I’ve not had any problems but noticed today that round my scar area feels bruised and sore so I think a cold compress might help tonight.