cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triple neg at 71

9 REPLIES 9
Community Champion

Re: Triple neg at 71

Excellent news that you have rung that bell. You certainly deserve a holiday. Just check with your medical team for does and donts in the sun . Pack a light long sleeved shirt to cover up, plus hat. Apparently the effects of the rads on the skin continues for a long time. As Shi says, keep well hydrated and moisturised . My back was burnt with my rads, and it was nearly three weeks after treatment finished that it eased off. I’ll be thinking of you on that ✈️. X

Hi Butterfly10

just wanted to say well done for the rads and here’s a coincidence.  I finished rads today in Leeds and I also am TN. It’s a great feeling to have finished x

Becks

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

👍👍👍butterfly keep drinking lots of water still after finishing rads and keep creaming skin regularly. Check with your team about your month in Tenerife to see if you need to be careful in the sun 😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Thanks Shi finish rads today,feeling happy🥳

Hi Astra,I complete today.I have been very lucky to have escaped any bad side effects so far.Cannot wait for my moth in Tenerife starting Nov 14.🥳

I think my next treatment will be bio phosphate.

About time they got triple neg sorted,especially feel for the very young women with this.😢

Thanks Shi for your input, its very helpful x

Hi Butterfly

I am also triple neg and said no to chemo, I've understood there are no other treatments for triple neg except chemo or radiotherapy (and surgery)

I've done the surgery. but am not happy about the rads either, I have to decide by end of this week the consulting radiologist said, its the lung damage and risk if I get a lung infection during treatment which if I go ahead won't be for about another 2 months any way.  I'm in such a undecided place.

Congratulations you are on 8 out of 15 rads, are you coping ok with it?

All good wishes to you

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Butterfly ❤️ Well done 8/15 rads in that’s 👍keep the skin aired and keep slapping the cream in and drink lots of water it will help with fatigue, listen to your body and sleep and rest when it tells you to. A good book to get is surviving triple negative breast cancer by Patricia Prijatel. It helped me a lot after diagnosis in 2017. Please use the ask the nurse facility about tn and rads no chemo, they will be able to discuss ❤️ Hope this helps a bit 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hi Butterfly10, I'm not sure about your type of cancer as mine is hormone  positive, there are sure to be some ladies who are also triple negative who could help or if you look on the 'Recently diagnosed with breast cancer' thread there is a specific one for triple negative and inflammatory breast cancer; maybe post on there? 

8 of 15 rads done you're over half way now, what a trooper, I hope your skin is holding up and you are well. Not long until you're ringing that🔔.

I hope you find the answers you need, there is also your radiologist, oncologist and breast cancer nurse who you could speak to or phone the breast cancer care helpline (I haven,'t used them myself but have gathered they are extremely helpful as are the nurses on the ask the nurses section).

Good luck

Joemic x 

Triple neg at 71

I have turned down chemo,having 8 of 15 rads at Leeds today,what happens next?