Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to treat today worried.

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Unable to treat today worried.

Hi @Erika 

Thank you for your post, we hope you are finding the Forum useful and supportive. 

You can find more information on our Moving Forward courses here 
https://breastcancernow.org/information-support/support-you/moving-forward-after-breast-cancer-treat...

For more information on other services we offer, please visit https://breastcancernow.org/information-support/support-you

Best wishes,

Shareena

Social Media Officer

Highlighted

It's run by breast cancer now just Google it and it should give you some info about where and when it's on in your area x 

Highlighted

I haven't heard of that course. How do I find out about it? X

Highlighted

You are out the other side now. You did fantastic, really well. I'm sure your hair will be back really soon. Have you booked yourself onto the "moving forward" course? Just take it easy for a while and do some nice things for yourself X 

Highlighted

It is all very frightening at the beginning and something no one understands unless they have been through it or are going through it. 

You are nearly there and it will all be over ! 

I have to wait for my hair to grow back so it's a constant reminder of what I've been through. X

Highlighted

Yes. I bet it has. You are very strong.  I'm very grateful to not have to go through chemo. I find everything medical terrifying! I'm a terrible wuss,  the surgeries were enough for me. I felt so bad inside myself. I think this BC is mental torture, at least it has been for me x 

Highlighted

I'm.so.glad it's all over, it's been a really tough few months ... x

Highlighted

Great you did really well x

Highlighted

Aww that's good regarding chemo, yes I had to endure it for 4.months. 

Yes I rang the bell! Felt good x

Highlighted

And regarding the bell. I don't actually think my hospital has a bell. I've never seen one and I've never heard one ringing or bring rung. Did you get to ring the bell? 

Highlighted

Hi 

No I didn't have chemo, for which I am very grateful. I'm er/pr+ both 8/8 but HER2 negative. Just a lumpectomy and radiotherapy for me. No I don't mind you asking. Did you have to go through chemo? X

Highlighted

Yes you are nearly there! Ring that bell really hard at the end. 

Did you have chemo aswell ? I hope you dont mind me.asking ... x

Highlighted

Hi

I'm doing ok thank you. Tomorrow is the start of week 3 for me so nearly there now. I'm very sore but moisturising like mad and keeping up the hydration. Hope you have some good support around you to help you x 

Highlighted

Hi!

Treatment finished on thursday so just feeling very sore and very emotional but I guess that's normal.

How are you? 

Highlighted

Hi ErikaA

How are you now? Hope all is good for you  X 

Highlighted

Hi Erika,

And go with the flow if/when you get tired.

Radio isn't a race!

Be kind to yourself.

Seabreeze x

Highlighted

Scablands,

well done, go girl go, big hugs Tili xx

Highlighted

Well done ErikaA your doing great. Keep moisturising and drink lots of water xx 

Highlighted

It's going ok thanks. Starting to feel tired now though. 

9 to go ! X

Highlighted

Hi ErikaA

How's it all going for you? How are you feeling Xx

Highlighted

Hi Erika,

Pleased to hear that. I'm sure the next few weeks will pass by soon enough, even though it seems like a long time when you are making those daily trips. 

Sending hugs

Seabreeze

Highlighted

Hi,

Yes they were able to zap me today. Such a relief. 13 to go 😫

Thank you for thinking of me.

Highlighted

Hope today was better than yesterday for you ErikaA x 

Highlighted

Thank you. Fingers crossed they can do it today x

Highlighted

Hi Erika,

As I'm sure you are aware the radiographers need to get you positioned in exactly the same way each time, since strength of radio is targeted (hence the alignment tattoos). Sometimes it takes them awhile for them to get you in the right position - I remember the radiographers telling me that set up took most of the appointment time, the zapping (my word, not theirs) a relatively short proportion of the time. 

From what you say it sounds like they couldn't get you in quite the right position during the appointment slot. Do ask them tomorrow when you go in. I remember when they were positioning me initially found I had a natural inclination to move my body to try to help them position me correctly.....they rapidly clarified this wasn't the best approach....try not to move but be nudgable and nudged gently into position by them. Do ask them, but it sounds like that was genuinely the issue, so try not to worry.

I hope tomorrow goes well, just pretend you are putty which they are gently nudging.

Seabreeze  x

Highlighted

Yes they are going to try again tomorrow. It's all so worrying . 

Highlighted

Hi Erika

Phone up in the morning and speak to your BC nurse or ask the nurse to speak to the Doctor and find out what's going on. Hope you get some answers. Did they ask you to go back tomorrow? If so ask to see a doctor x

Highlighted

Unable to treat today worried.

I'm really worried as had first radio yesterday then went along to have my second today and.they.couldnt do.it.because. my alignment was.different. they tried 3 times.to get me.in the.postion but they couldn't.  Anyone.elase had this? I'm.worried somethings going on