Waiting and waiting

Feel like I’ve been waiting so long for my oncology appointment to start the planning for my radiotherapy. I know from reading the threads that this isn’t unusual but it’s so difficult. I had my surgery on the 8th February and just want to be able to get ‘back to normal’ - whatever that means! I’m still off work, I could go back but my job doesn’t lend itself to being picked up and put down again. Work are fine with me being off and I get good sick pay so that’s not the issue I know it can be for some people. I can feel that my mood is dipping again ?

Hi Lizzie, I know, waiting around for appointments is frustrating and difficult and just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you x

Waiting is the worse thing Lizzie. I had surgery on 7th Feb and went back to work beginning of March. I started rads today. Maybe give you breast care team a call and see if they can give you an idea when you might get an appointment?

Hi Lizzielou
I had my surgery -WLE - on 8th February also.
I have my rads planning booked in for the 10th and actual treatment starts 16th April which seems like ages from surgery.
Like you I could have gone back to work a couple of weeks ago but have been hanging on to start rads.
Reading the posts from other ladies it does seem that different NHS trusts have different times scales.
I did read somewhere that the guidance for rads to commence is up to 12 weeks after surgery. Mine will be almost 10 weeks when I start.
I agree about wanting to be "back to normal " and just can’t wait to start the sessions.
Hope you hear something soon xx

My surgery(masectomy) was on 19th June last year and my rads started mid August so it seems quite common to wait. Also when I got to my rads ( i had 15 sessions) some were altered so for example they were busy on the Friday so I had to come on the Saturday instead. This happened a few times and also the times were changed but the whole thing actuially only took a couple of days longer than it should have done