10 months after diagnosis and feeling positive

Good evening lovely ladies on this forum.

It’s been a while since I posted and I just wanted to drop in to offer some positivity to those who have recently been diagnosed.

I was diagnosed in July last year through routine screening with a grade 2 tumour invasive ER+. My journey from July to December included lumpectomy, sentinel node biopsy, colonoscopy, ovarian scan, bone density scan and 20 rounds of radiotherapy which finished on 1st December.

What a rollercoaster of a ride for me and my loved ones.

Thankfully I had no lymph nodes affected and was discharged from active treatment in January so now on an open access programme at the Royal Marsden with Letrozole and annual screening. My first mammogram post diagnosis in the diary for October.

I just wanted to say to everyone who finds themselves here that you are among friends, in a safe place where you can vent, cry and share your fears and you will be supported every step of the way.

We all have our own journeys with breast cancer and I honestly did not think that I would feel this positive so soon after my treatment ended but I do and I’ve had some very dark times especially when waiting for results - the worst part of this journey in my opinion but I was not going to let it define me.

I’m getting on with my life now and day by day it slips a little bit further from my immediate thoughts

It will never go away, of course it won’t but life is for living and I feel very positive about it so I just wanted to give hope and send positive hugs to everyone who’s just arrived.

I’ve also signed up to do 20 miles on the pink ribbon ? walk in June and have so far raised just over £900 as I’m so passionate about supporting this wonderful charity and more importantly the community champions on this forum who are always there for all of us - bless them all - a team of life savers.

Goodnight ladies. One day at a time. Be kind to yourselves.

Take care
Anita xxx

Hi Anita,
So lovely to hear from you & thanks so much for your fabulous post. It’s always reassuring for others to see that … yes, we do get through it & come out the other side.
Loads of best wishes & brill to hear about the ? walk.
ann ?

Anita

Oh how lovely to hear from you and such a wonderfully positive update post, thank you for that I am sure that the ladies coming on here will get so much comfort from it and will be able to see that there is life after bc.

Good luck for your walk and raising loads of money for bcc.

Sending you loads of hugs

Helena xxx