Did you mean: 

10 months after diagnosis and feeling positive

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: 10 months after diagnosis and feeling positive

...& like Helena, I feel all gooey now too now, Anita 😊💖

Thanks so much for your lovely comment.

Just out of interest, is the 🎀walk in the Kent area? If I remember rightly we’re in the same area or thereabouts. 

It’s not something I’ve got around to yet, so I really must get round to it at some point!

ann x

Highlighted
Community Champion

anitajane

Oh you have made me go all gooey, thank you for your lovely post, i am so glad that we have been able to help you and dont forget we are not going anywhere, always here when you need us.

Helena xxx

Highlighted

Hi Helena Thanks very much for your lovely message of support. You and Ann (in particular) have been with me every step of my journey and you will probably never know just how much that has meant to me. I felt cradled with love and support at every stage and I still do. Have a lovely weekend. Anita xx
Highlighted

Thanks for your message Ann, I'm off for some distance walking practice on a rather chilly morning today!! I hope 9th June presents us with better weather. Have a great weekend. Anita x
Highlighted

Hi Sunflower I'm so pleased my post helped a little. Waiting for results is just such a challenging part of our journey isn't it!! Waking up at silly o'clock was the worst part for me but then I used to jump on the forum, let it all out and within minutes I was always amazed that I really wasn't alone even at 3 am in the morning. I hope you are recovering well from your surgery, keep occupied, be kind to yourself and keep us posted on your progress - we are all here to provide support. My surgery was last September and it now seems a lifetime ago. Take care, Anita xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Anita

Oh how lovely to hear from you and such a wonderfully positive update post, thank you for that I am sure that the ladies coming on here will get so much comfort from it and will be able to see that there is life after bc.

Good luck for your walk and raising loads of money for bcc.

Sending you loads of hugs

Helena xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Anita,
So lovely to hear from you & thanks so much for your fabulous post. It’s always reassuring for others to see that ... yes, we do get through it & come out the other side.
Loads of best wishes & brill to hear about the 🎀 walk.
ann 💖
Highlighted

10 months after diagnosis and feeling positive

Good evening lovely ladies on this forum.

It’s been a while since I posted and I just wanted to drop in to offer some positivity to those who have recently been diagnosed.

I was diagnosed in July last year through routine screening with a grade 2 tumour invasive ER+. My journey from July to December included lumpectomy, sentinel node biopsy, colonoscopy, ovarian scan, bone density scan and 20 rounds of radiotherapy which finished on 1st December.

What a rollercoaster of a ride for me and my loved ones.

Thankfully I had no lymph nodes affected and was discharged from active treatment in January so now on an open access programme at the Royal Marsden with Letrozole and annual screening. My first mammogram post diagnosis in the diary for October.

I just wanted to say to everyone who finds themselves here that you are among friends, in a safe place where you can vent, cry and share your fears and you will be supported every step of the way.

We all have our own journeys with breast cancer and I honestly did not think that I would feel this positive so soon after my treatment ended but I do and I’ve had some very dark times especially when waiting for results - the worst part of this journey in my opinion but I was not going to let it define me.

I’m getting on with my life now and day by day it slips a little bit further from my immediate thoughts

It will never go away, of course it won’t but life is for living and I feel very positive about it so I just wanted to give hope and send positive hugs to everyone who’s just arrived.

I’ve also signed up to do 20 miles on the pink ribbon 🎀 walk in June and have so far raised just over £900 as I’m so passionate about supporting this wonderful charity and more importantly the community champions on this forum who are always there for all of us - bless them all - a team of life savers.

Goodnight ladies. One day at a time. Be kind to yourselves.

Take care
Anita xxx