4 days ago got a diagnose

Hi, I am new here. I live in Germany, and a month ago discovered a lump, had a mammography and ultrasound and the radiologist assigned that as BIRADS 3, so probably benign, with 2% chances to be cancer. He dudn’t see anything in armpits, even the lump is 2.8 cm. I look for the second opinion and the radiologist was 100% sure it is a cancer, according to the ultrasound. Now, waiting for biopsy results, scared to death. Any advices? 

Hi Hanan - welcome to this wonderful supportive forum, but I’m really sorry you find yourself here. The waiting is the hardest part as your mind runs away and fears the worst. Whatever you do, try to stay away from Google as you will scare yourself. At the moment you have 2 opinions, one benign and one cancer. There is a great book that was recommended on here that says “thoughts are not facts”. At the moment you do not have a cancer diagnosis - you may in the future but you may not. Easier said than done, but try to wait until you get your results.

But even if the lump does turn out to be cancer, your medical team will come up with a plan to treat it. Treatments have improved so much.

Do come back and chat further if any of us can help with advice or by listening. If you feel like it, do come back and let us know how you get on. My very best wishes to you. Evie xx

Hi Hana 

Sorry you are going through this experience… this forum is a great place to off load and evie-s and other ladies seems to be here for us no matter what :heart: I agree waiting can drive you crazy the unknown is just unreal… I have put few post myself about my feelings which took me completly by surprise as I am normaly on the other side of patient. I am having my diagnosis app tomorrow so feeling bit calmer atm but by the morning I will again be ball of nerves… I know many says dont reserch dont look up Google but personaly the more I know from trusted sources such as breastcancer.org the better I can cope and prepare …I have only got 22 questions to ask tomorrow poor consultant he doesnt know whats coming his way . I hope you will find this place as helpful as I do. Lots of love xx