cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 days ago got a diagnose

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted

Re: 4 days ago got a diagnose

P.s noticed spelling mistakes and mobile changing some words as predicted texting/writing function on .. to correct it I am waiting for vaccum assisted mammotom not mammectomy.. 🙄🙄🙄 sorry for misleading info its not on purpose..

All the best today. 🤞🤞🤞

Highlighted

Hi Hanan

I wonder if you will get any sleep tonight.😞🤞... did you manage to get any help from autistic team for your child?? Hope you had some luck with them or the school. Try not to worry or overthink tomorrow..when you go in tell them your preferences, some people/patients would like to know step by step, some people prefere not to know and just get on with whatever need to be done..I am the first ..wanting to know everything before anyone gets to even touch me or say hello ..maybe due to work..  but then I decided to stop feel guilty about my reactions or emotions for now. I remember when I was a nursing studend, the lectures used to say "treat patients like you want your mother to be treated" I addapted this a little and my motto is  " treat others as you would like to be treated" ..I dont have appointment yet for my mammectomy, I can't have surgical lumpectomy due to size and this hospital pioneering non opetative methods.. on one hand I am glad its not full general anaesthetic, no risks and need to self isolate for 2weeks (so hoping less waiting time) but on other they cant take any margins this way and there is small risk that they won't remove all suspected cells.. I am looking up genetic testing..my GP said he will refer me but small chance of seeing them on NHS ..so I am looking at going home to have this done especially that back home they looking at our specific genes .. I rather know now if there's any background that might put me in this sad situation again..but still don't know if my lump is anything to worry.. its strange how system works my follow up appointment for results is booked for 11/9 but I haven't had the procedure as yet 🙄🤣 it might happen next week as I did say to team I am going away for a week with my sister and her children..that will keep my mind off things running after 5&6 year old 🤣🤣

I had a busy day today at work to the point that I got dizzy at the end.. weather here is great if you can sit in the garden and enjoy it but if you have to work its bit too hot and humid. 

I realised today that I haven't manage to cycle for almost 4weeks now (I normally cycle to work but post covid anaemia strack off) so starting to plan from next week to be back on my bike..little things that make us happy.. plan for those little moments of joy through your journey dont let this disease completely take away all pleasures of life.. when you get a good day it will make up for all those horibble moments. 

Be yourself and good luck tomorrow. I will keep you in my thoughts tomorrow.  You are not alone. And you are braver than you know xx ❤

Highlighted

Hello AgiA, this message acctualy made me cry. ❤️ ❤️ I am so glad that I found this forum. ❤️ Thanks a lot for this message. It helped me a lot. I don't have any other health problems, so it's a good sign. When are you going to have a clear picture of your situation? I am thinking about you too, and about all women who are going through this journey. I was always weak to cancer stories, always sharing posts, donating, but till now didn't fully understand the real story behind the picture. Sendind  lots of prayers. God bless you with positiv results and I will share my MRT news tomorrow. Greetings

Highlighted

P.s there is chemo posts here on this site that you might find helpful.. lots of love xxx

Highlighted

Hi I dont find your message all negative ..quiet opposite I see lots of determinations in your words. Its great news that you are starting your treatment already..its not going to be easy, probably you will get some side effects (which can be managed with antisickness medication, pain relief medication, plenty of rest, light meals, meditation, good music- if you like to listen to it and other little ways you will discover) the main thing is to remember that at the end of this journey you will be well again and have again strenght to enjoy your live.. dont worry yourself about anything from now on ..just take day at the time..some of those days you will cry some you will laugh.. its all going to be worth at the end. Cancer is curable although treatment is nasty not all people get all side effects.. I have a friend back home she had agressive breast cancer stage 4 ..at the age of 30..she went through a lot of chemo cycles..lost her hair (all grew back) but never got any severe other side effects she was worried about..of course she had them but not as bad as she feared.. I am type of person who prepares for the worse so I can be nicely surprised when its not that bad..😉..my other half says I am the most pessimistic person he knows 😂

You are going to be ok. They will look after you and help you manage side effects. You are stronger than you think. Good luck and I will think of you on Friday xx❤

Highlighted

Hello AgiA, 

thanks a lot for the personal thoughts that you shared here and for thinking about me ❤️ I must believe in my doctors. The system in Germany is so better than in Bosnia, and that is positiv, but mentally I was always weak, and I don't know if I can handle this.. My biggest fears right now is this MRT on Friday and the begin of red chemotherapies which are horrible  and I am so sensitive, wouldn't probably survive that.. That makes me anxious a lot. I pray for your positive results, so that you don't have to go through this horror. Thanks for each sentence that you wrote to me.

Sorry for being so negative today.. Loads of greetings from Munich 😘

Highlighted

Hi Hanan 

I been thinking about you today and all those brave people who despite so much trauma in their lives have managed to survive and live theirs lives to the maximum, history is often forgoten.. life is so unpredictable .. I am sorry you have been through the war and now have to fight another battle.. my granny used to say to me when I was little and had not many friends "live in the moment enjoy people who love you dont waste time on those who are mean to you, use what you have dont be greedy" my granny was the best person ever and I am me because of her. I have been thinking of her more often recently maybe as she gave me so much strenght when she was alive.. she was my rock!! I hope you have some good friends to rely on and some family near by? In my job I see people from all over the world ..everyone has own culture believes and behaviour..its important for me to learn and understand needs of each patient and I hope that you will receive all necessary kindness and support from the team treating you. I been told yesterday by the doctor not to google my results (I asked for print out of my biopsy) and not to google the proposed procedure, but she didnt give me any info about it so I did Google of course but I use cancer.org and breastcancer.org websites ..and I find their information informative and helpful.. goid luck with autism support and planning your treatment. I will keep you in my thoughts. ❤ 

Highlighted

Hello, thanks again for your time and support. I called the center for autism and have an appointment on Thursday and then I will see what are they going to offer. I also got the number of my so to say personal nurse, and I can call whenever I have a need. I will look for some answers about my diagnose here, but you have right, I am now a little bit better, because I know what I am dealing with and that it isn't the worst stage. I will keep writing. I will pray for your results to be good. I know that the waiting is the hardest part. I had also some issues when the treatment is in  question, because German people are a little bit cold, and I am from Bosnia, survived a war. Best regards

Highlighted

Hi Hanan

I am glad you got your family doctor on board to help. Having diagnosis and knoweledge of what you are facing will in time reduce hour anxiety as you will plan with your team the treatment that is going to be based on your needs. I dont personaly have knoweledge about specific brest cancers as I am surgical nurse seeing/nursing a lot of cancer patients.. there are ladies here that will message you ..read some other posts and message people with similar diagnosis.. they will be able to share with you their own experiences and suggestions. I had my appointment today which I vent about in my post thread "awaiting diagnosis" I am clear in left but right came back as inconclusive so awaiting further tests.. I am disappointed how I was treated today.. I should be feeling happy that my left biopsy is benign change but due to this doctor attitude I am sad and still scared about my right.. 

It must be hard to deal with cancer having children and twice as hard when your child has additional needs. As autistic children need routine calm environment and constant attention do you have in Germany children disability nurses/therapists that you could speak to about advice how to prepare your little one for your journey?

Do you have breast cancer nurses in your breast clinic/oncology ?? Do you get any support links apart from your doctors? 

What  I find helpful and I often suggest this to patients on the wards is to write down list of all even the smallest questions to ask on appointments as you might forger otherwise.. I think its important that you try to find help/support to aid your autistic child through this, maybe speak to his/her school teachers and look up autistic society website ..and once you have some tools how to deal with him/her you will feel reasured and able to concentrate on your treatment.. 

Please write anytime. Lots of love xx

Highlighted

Hello!!

Well, I got the diagnose and it's invasive lobular breast cancer, stage 2, grade 2, very hormonal sensitive and my doctor has told me that my chances for curing are great, because my lymph nodes are clear.

What is your opinion about this diagnose?

Thanks in advance! You people are great. This group is a blessing to me 

Greetings from Germany! 

Highlighted

I called my family doctor half an hour ago and he prepared me a prescription for calming pills. I hope they will help. Thanks a lot for the advice. I am so affraid of everything that is ahead. I have two kids, and the older has autism, which makes me feel worse, because he needs me 😞 . I'll keep writing. Thanks a lot!!

Highlighted

Hanan 

I am sorry for how you feel mentaly and physically.. did you try to speak to your breast nurse or GP about physical signs of stress (your shaking) and discuss with them ways to help to manage this for you? We all are different with how much stress and worry we can cope and carry with us..some dont show how they feel ..some actualy have physical signs shaking nausea vomiting pains .. for some talking/sharing their story is enough to offload.. some of us have a good cry every day and thats helps them to get through the rest of the day..some manage to learn yoga/mindfulness ..but some cant get through this without supportive medication.. I am not saying someone should go on calming medication straightaway..I am simply trying to say  there is help ..ask ..dont be affraid to ask ..dont suffer ..I see so many patients suffering because they are affraid to ask .. and there is so many different things that can be used ..try calling nurses from this forum ..I hope you have someone around who you feel safe with.. and here you are not alone. Take care and message me if you need at any time. Xx

Highlighted

Hello Evie, this group is a comforting place for me, but my thoughts are very hard to be controlled. I am shaking right now, and I have a moments of don't care, it will be what will be, then again panic attacks. The greatest thing I am afraid of is to face the probable fact that I found it to late and that it's to aggressive. Thanks again for your time and your desire to help. You are really great people ❤️ 

Highlighted

Hello Agia, thanks a lot for the support. The state I am in is really unbearable. I barely can sleep or eat, and I have some moments of shaking and having a panic attack. I know that that destroys me, but these ups and downs can't be controlled right now. I will write here, it helps a little bit. Best regards! 

Highlighted

Hi Hana 

Sorry you are going through this experience.. this forum is a great place to off load and evie-s and other ladies seems to be here for us no matter what ❤ I agree waiting can drive you crazy the unknown is just unreal.. I have put few post myself about my feelings which took me completly by surprise as I am normaly on the other side of patient. I am having my diagnosis app tomorrow so feeling bit calmer atm but by the morning I will again be ball of nerves.. I know many says dont reserch dont look up Google but personaly the more I know from trusted sources such as breastcancer.org the better I can cope and prepare ..I have only got 22 questions to ask tomorrow 🤣 poor consultant he doesnt know whats coming his way 😬 . I hope you will find this place as helpful as I do. Lots of love xx 

Highlighted

Guten Abend Hanan! Your English is a lot better than my school German.

Now is the time for you to take extra special care of yourself. Be kind to yourself, lots of treats, and try to live in the moment rather than letting your mind race ahead to what might happen. Fear of the unknown is very hard, but you will find an inner strength you didn’t know you had. And any time you just want to talk or cry or shout - just come on here and I or others will be here for you. Or if you prefer, you can send me a private message any time, that’s fine too.

Big hugs 

Highlighted

Hi Evie, thanks a lot for the support. I am trying to put myself together. I have ups and downs during the day, but give my best. My second radiologist ist 100 % sure it is cancer, now we are waiting to see what type, stage and that is killing me even more than the diagnose itself. I am happy that I speak English, because it's not my mother tongue, and that I found this amasing group. I will write again when I got the results. Greetings from Germany!

Highlighted

Hi Hanan - welcome to this wonderful supportive forum, but I’m really sorry you find yourself here. The waiting is the hardest part as your mind runs away and fears the worst. Whatever you do, try to stay away from Google as you will scare yourself. At the moment you have 2 opinions, one benign and one cancer. There is a great book that was recommended on here that says “thoughts are not facts”. At the moment you do not have a cancer diagnosis - you may in the future but you may not. Easier said than done, but try to wait until you get your results.

But even if the lump does turn out to be cancer, your medical team will come up with a plan to treat it. Treatments have improved so much.

Do come back and chat further if any of us can help with advice or by listening. If you feel like it, do come back and let us know how you get on. My very best wishes to you. Evie xx

Highlighted

4 days ago got a diagnose

Hi, I am new here. I live in Germany, and a month ago discovered a lump, had a mammography and ultrasound and the radiologist assigned that as BIRADS 3, so probably benign, with 2% chances to be cancer. He dudn't see anything in armpits, even the lump is 2.8 cm. I look for the second opinion and the radiologist was 100% sure it is a cancer, according to the ultrasound. Now, waiting for biopsy results, scared to death. Any advices?