cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Am so anxious after MRI & CT Scan at week-end

235 REPLIES 235
Highlighted

Re: Am so anxious after MRI & CT Scan at week-end

Now know Lobular 24 mm lump but scarily 11/15 lymph glands infected !!

Sooo worried now......

Is this as bad as I think it is ?

Highlighted
Community Champion

MoDo

Yay great to hear that you are the other side of the op and at home, make sure you start the basic exervises tomorrow as they will help you immensely, they will not be easy but honestly worth it.

Have a good nights sleep my dear

helena xxx

Highlighted

Great to hear that, MoDo, done and dusted in record time..πŸ˜„

Will be watching for your update, all fingers crossed....

xx 

Highlighted

Had OP for clear margins this morning I was first in theatre & back on ward for 10.30 then back home around 12.

Go back in two weeks to see surgeon hopefully will be clear margin & then next step.

I will post on , "going through treatment" for next update.

Thanks to everyone for your support, kindness, reassurance every step of the way.

You have been my saving grace  πŸ’•πŸ’•

Highlighted
Community Champion

Helen

Darling you will be fine, this time tomorrow it will be all over and you have enjoyed a lovely cup of tea.  Yes it suddenly becomes very real but you can do this and just think the little blighter will be gone from you and you will be able to start to look forward.  Dont know if this will help two years ago yesterday I was diagnosed and it felt like my world had fallen apart, but here I am two years later sending you lots of Helena huggles to go with spankly tough pants and you will be in my thoughts.  Looking forward to hearing from you post op.

Helena xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Thistle - thanks so much for this - hugs are fabulous.❀.

Having massive wobbles at the moment - feel quite sick tonight - feel like i've been an actor in a play up to now - but now with the surgery tomorrow its all become real.

Will report back as soon as possible.

Love 

Helen😍

Highlighted

Hi Helena - thanks for my sparkly pants - just been packing my bag for hospital tomorrow - will make sure I have them with me.πŸ˜‰.

Busy day for me today after just getting back from holiday last night - went into town today to buy some PJ's (as i have read nighties are no good after the op and I didn't own a pair of PJ's), also managed to order a few more post surgey bra's etc - all the practical stuff.

Have to say i've been having major wobbles today/tonight as its all suddenly become real with the mastecomy tomorrow - feeling very weepy and weak.πŸ˜ͺ. So those pants will be very used tomorrow.πŸ‘.

Will let everyone know how it goes as soon as i'm up to it.

Thanks again for all your support.

Love

Helen❀

Highlighted

Hello MoDo

The sparkly pants are great aren’t they ? 😊 ... hopefully,  a reminder that there is light at the end of this dratted tunnel..even if it does seem never-ending at the moment..

I could not have gotten through these last months without the selfless help and support of people on here, it is still so raw, dark times of the soul still come, and I suspect it will stay that way for some time. But people are always on hand here to advise, reassure, - and most importantly to listen..., and when you are back out there, blinking in the sunlight, hopefully you will want to come back on here to listen, and give comfort to those who are just entering this dark place. Because, now, like the rest of us, you too understand..xxx

Let us know how you are doing after Monday’s sparkly pant episode !!

Keep strong xxx 

Highlighted

Thanks Helena,

Love the sparkly pants - just perfect for me...πŸ’•

I know I've said it a few times but this forum has kept me from going into such a dark place, the support off everyone from day one has been invaluable.

I've been reassured, thought of, kept sane....I will be forever so grateful  πŸ’•πŸ’•

Highlighted
Community Champion

MoDo

Deep breath my darling you can do this, the wee small hours are always the worst and that is when that anxiety monster starts to take control, but you will get there honestly.  As Thistle says this is belts and braces, you will see on here that many ladies have had the same as you and life is back to normal for them.

Sending you the spankly tough pants for tomorrow we are all there with you and will be thinking about you.

Helena xxx

Spangly pants.jpg

Highlighted

Thank you Thistle for your kind words, I'm trying hard to not let the anxiety win, bit of a battle at the moment though.  πŸ’•

Highlighted

Hello Helenann

Just to send you huge hugs and wishes for Monday, you’ll be fine with those sparkly Lady H knickers !!

Keep on keeping strong, will be watching for your post-op report...! 

πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€

Thistle 

xxx

Highlighted

MoDo

So sorry you’ve been getting bitten by the β€˜black dog’ before your op on Monday, - I can understand completely as I went through similar intense anxiety...have you been able to get any reassurance from your BCN or team? 

Remember that many ladies on here will have had similar experiences and are still here to tell the tale, - the clear margin rule is just another part of the β€˜belt and braces’ thing, as is the chemo...you are getting everything thrown at this...and worrying about spread...yes...we’ve all been there, and plenty of us minus lymph glands too..so hard for you, but try not to let this anxiety monster win...

Just get through Monday, and come back here to tell us you’ve gotten past this next step, and are ready to step into the next..

Lots of good wishes, - positive ones !

Many hugs too. You will get through all this, you know.

Thistle 

xxx 

Highlighted

I'm having massive anxiety at moment, because of not having clear margin, I'm fretting now about having no protection from it spreading as had ANC - so three weeks almost without lymph glands !

Gone back to not being able to concentrate, head spinning with worry......xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

helenann

Your own special pair winging their way to you now xxx  We will all be there with you on Monday in the secret pockets  to hold your hands

Helena xxx

Spangly pants.jpg

Highlighted

Hi. Can I have a pair of these for Monday please 🀣🀣🀣
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thistledown

And I thought I was the mad one :).  Hope all went well with the new compression sleeve xxx

Highlighted

Wonderful πŸ˜‚ !! 

Sparkly big pants, whatever next?! 

Thank you for the laugh...I got new black compression sleeves for the Lympho arm today, think I’ll sew some sequins on..this is catching...😊

xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thistledown

Found them, they were in the bottom of the drawer, I know I am completely mad!!!

H xxSpangly pants.jpg

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thistledown

That is good to hear that you are recovering well from the rads and I am sure it will continue to improve.  I can not believe that it was 2 years ago this week that I was diagnosed with bc, where has that time gone πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

xxx

Highlighted

Yes - sparkly big pants should keep us all on twinkle toes..what a nice idea !  (I’ll have mine in rainbow sequins please... ) 

We will all be shining in the pockets of your colour choice sequinned specials !

MoDo and Helen, have a good night’s rest, the sequins will dig a bit I’m sure..

(Thanks for asking after me Lady H. I’m a few weeks past rads now, the β€˜cooking period’ has slowed, fatigue has lessened, and fingers crossed all will continue to improve ..)

Onwards and upwards, for us all...

xx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

helenann

Ooh you just made me think I need to get the sparkly tough pants out for ladies as we are in strictly time from Saturday xxx

Good luck for Monday

helena xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Modo- really sorry you have to have another op and chemo - but if it gets rid of the bugger that's the main thing.
I have my surgery on Monday- a mastectomy and reconstruction- don't know what further treatment might be needed until after it, but I've decided they can throw everything they've got at it to make sure it's gone.😜
We're all here for you , so keep dancing - I mean keep posting ha ha 🀣xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thistledown

thank you for your lovely words, it was a blow but I have picked myself up today and know it is for the best as I need to be in the best condition for the op and recovery.  I have started my antibiotics so they should make a difference in the next 24/48 hours, I am not going back to work before the op now as I have a sick note and I am not letting the world into my house to keep myself as safe as possible from germs.

How are you doing xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

MoDo

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your additional op and chemo, but you can so this, just focus on your op first and get yourself past that first.  We are all here for you whenever you need us and when you are ready there is the chemotherapy monthly thread on here where you will meet ladies who are going through our about to start chemo who will be able to support you.

Oh that is great they drained it, it must be such a relief I am sure.

Sending you lots of lovely hugs

helena xxx

Highlighted

Lady H, 

So sorry to hear of your impending and now delayed β€˜hospital procedure’ , I hope this cold clears up very soon, I hate colds with a vengeance and always attack them with loads of Vit C and Echinacea, no idea if it helps but it makes me feel as though I’m doing something !! (I was eyeing up the purple coneflowers in a beautiful stately home garden a few weeks ago thinking dare I nick a few flower heads and make my own Echinacea, but I haven’t a clue how to ! So they stayed intact...) 

I do hope your β€˜procedure’ goes beautifully smoothly and brings you relief afterwards too, and a swift return to bowls and gardens...

Best wishes 

Xxx 

Highlighted

Hello MoDo, 

So sorry to hear that you have to undergo a further op, what a blow...but have read on the forum elsewhere about others’ experiences of the same thing, and it turned out ok for them,..remember, it’s just a set back, a blip, and it’s good that you are getting it β€˜made sure of’ really.

As for the chemo, when I knew I was down for it, (that situation changed though....) I took great comfort from here... and I thought, yes, I can do it,  all these others...

I got all prepared and was all geared up! .Great tips and support from those going through it at the mo....

So can you get through it, and so you will, and you will have the mental hopes and wishes of others behind you all the way...I’ll be there for sure, just one of many.

Keep strong and you will be out on the other side, with us cheering you on...

Glad the seroma got sorted, you could’ve done without that! 

Take care

xxx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sending hugs, Modo. Not quite what you wanted to hear, but you’ll get through what’s needed to get it dealt with.
ann x
Highlighted

Been to appt  & have to have another OP on Monday as didn't have clear margin.

Also I have to have chemotherapy - Gutted !!

Had the fluid drained from underarm & feel much better & relived. xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

MoDo

Sorry my dear I have only just seen your reply, have been sleeping this afternoon as I have a chest infection and stinking cold which has knocked me for six.

I am not sure if you have had your appointment yet, but write down what your concerns and questions are so that you can ask your consultant when you see them.

Sending you hugs

helena xxx

Highlighted

Thanks Helena.

Am worried also of the staging results, because my lump was attached think it comes under stage 3 and not stage 2 as I thought & that's sent me under & I'm panicking somewhat.

Only seen the stages other day & it's scaring me.

Help...

Highlighted
Community Champion

MoDo

Just wanted to wish you well today at your results apt.

I remember I had a seroma, build up of fluid, under my arm where the SNB was, it was uncomfortable but I did not have it drained and within 6/7 weeks it dispersed itself.  My bcn said that it I could tolerate the discomfort to leave it alone as it would disperse and she was so right, so they may advise that rather than drain it.

Helena xxx

Highlighted

Got Consultant appt today, feeling anxious about what they going to say.

Hoping I  don't have to have chemotherapy.

Got a huge build up of fluid under arm & will need it draining, its really uncomfortable.

Been up & down since operation but besides being held back by fluid build up I'm feeling much stronger.

Will message later how I got on at appointment. xx

Highlighted

MoDo that will be to discuss the findings from your op and what treatment they recommend xx

Highlighted

Received an appt for 19th September with Consultant, is this to dicuss surgery & next step of treatment ?

Highlighted

Thank you both.

I will phone BCN tomorrow first & go from there. x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Modo,
I only had a 2in incision & no separate incision for node biopsy, as the surgeon used the same incision. I was told to remove the dressing after about 5 days & the steritrips after 10 days, which I did myself, but I did not have the surgery you had.
As well as the GP surgery as Helena says, it may also be an idea to check with your bcn about this.
ann x
Highlighted
Community Champion

MoDo

I know when I had my WLE and SNB I was sent home with a note to see my GP/practice nurse 7-10 days after surgery to have the dressing removed and the nurse checked the wound.  It might be an idea to give your GP practice and ring tomorrow and book an appointment.  If they try to say they have nothing next week explain to them that it is to have a post op bc scar check done and they should sort it for you.

Helena xx

Highlighted

Tomorrow (Sunday) is fifth day from surgery, I've been wondering about when dressing gets taken off as I haven't had anyone tell me when I should have/do this.

I've an appt on 19th September to see consultant & appt on 29th September to go physiotherapy but nothing about dressing.

Anyone know what I should do please.

Highlighted

Thank you Thistle.

I will start to do this.

I'm feeling better, still sore, but up & about more. Still feel vunerable & bit wary of doing things. xx

Highlighted

Hello MoDo,

Neither did I until a couple of weeks after, it’s to help prevent Lymphoedema, by keeping the arm moisturised...there’s a leaflet on here about Lympho prevention, it does tell you to moisturise your arm, but not exactly how to, I don’t think..

I use Aveeno (or any decent cream, not too heavy), and just morning and night. Remember though, not to massage it in, it needs to be stroked in gently... Start by dabbing some spots of cream to the top of your arm then gently stroke upwards to the shoulder and to the side, the back of the arm, don’t go inwards, always out. Then put cream on the forearm and do the same, stroke gently upwards from the wrist to the elbow going out to the side and the back of the arm. Lastly, cream on both sides of the hand, gently stroking, remember to do between fingers and around nails, till it’s all nicely creamed ! It’s important you don’t rub your arm hard or put any strong pressure on it, my BCN told me they use makeup brushes to stroke the skin, it has to be that light...She said to stroke and just to see the skin ripple where you’ve been, is enough pressure.

It sounds a bit daunting, but I’m pretty used to it now, - from being a person who never moisturised as I didn’t have dry skin, I put cream on daily now, and after showers or baths, and especially with rads treatment ! Certainly have soft skin on arms as I do them both anyway, but happily rub the other side, no stroking needed  there ! As for the boob, well, Rads means twice a day cream there too... very necessary..

Hope this helps, and that you are feeling OK ? 

Xx

Highlighted

Have read twice on here about massaging your arm with cream, I didn't get any information from hospital on this.

When is this supposed to be done, how often and how ?

Has anyone got any advice on this please.?

Highlighted

MoDo, 

Great to hear you are feeling good, and you are so right, it’s gone and good riddance...πŸ‘

The exercises surprised me by their easiness too, but they are effective, is this the arm movement ones ? As people have said, gently does it, little and often...funny they left you with an electrode souvenir !

And the drain thing, well, wish my hospital followed that, - but I did get rather attached to my drain bag....very fashionably green and spotty....  I used to park the drain bottle in a wine bottle holder by the bed at night so it didn’t tip over, and often forgot to lift the bottle up when getting up from chair - ouch !!  So you are lucky you get to avoid those happy occurrences ! 

Keep up with the recovery and the return to full flexibility, don’t push yourself though or expect too much too soon, as it most definitely is not a race...and welcome to the β€˜been there done that’ post-op lot ! 

Xxx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

OMG! Anniej,  haven't heard from you in ages.  How are you doing?  xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Well done, Modo. Onwards and upwards now. Keep doing those exercises so that you stay flexible . Another big hurray for our super NHS. X

Highlighted

You have done all the hard work MoDo we've just given you a nudge in the right direction! πŸ˜‰

Highlighted
Community Champion

Well done MoDo, keep up those exercises, little and often. xxxx

Highlighted

Well done MoDo! Welcome to Recovery Road...quite a few of us are walking along it so feel free to tag along πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚
Highlighted

Thanks Ann & Jo,

Yes, I did it, boy was I anxious though. All the ladies there weren't nervous they said !

It's now gone, thanks to surgeon & team & the brilliant NHS...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

You ladies on here have given me wonderful support from day one, you have contributed to where I am now...Thank you ALL.....πŸ’•πŸ’•

Highlighted

It was an electrode Ann....haha