Anyone starting chemo Oct 2020?

A thread is now available for anyone starting chemo in October:

forum.breastcancernow.org/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/October-2020-Chemo-Starters/td-p/1343687 

Hi! Yes my mom was recently diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (IDC) and is starting chemo in October

A thread is now available for anyone starting chemo in October:

forum.breastcancernow.org/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/October-2020-Chemo-Starters/td-p/1… 

Please introduce yourself and if you have any questions please post away on here and others in the community will watch over you whilst you are getting started.  Once you are into it you’ll be pretty good at helping each other.  You can also ask the nurses on this forum if you have any concerns.  In the meantime, the top tip is always to stay well hydrated throughout chemo, aiming for 2 litres of water per day and get a thermometer and check your temperature every day.

Here is the BCN guide on chemo:

breastcancernow.org/information-support/facing-breast-cancer/going-through-treatment-breast-…

Here’s an excellent article for anyone concerned about hairloss. That’s pretty much everyone starting chemo: pinklotus.com/powerup/breastcancer101/chemo-hair-loss-and-menopause-hair-too/

Here are some apps which can help to keep you on track: 

breastcancernow.org/information-support/support-you/becca

nhs.uk/apps-library/owise-breast-cancer/

careology.health/

I finished my chemo in October 2017 and doing very well again now.  Here is my story which has some chemo tips on how I coped which were collectively shared from others who had gone through the same from this forum:

lifeafterlola.com/

If you decide to set up a private group its good to stay on here also during treatment as I know from experience there are some people who watch but don’t immediately pluck up the courage to join in.  Your conversations can be a real comfort to others.