Awaiting biopsy 2cm lesion with possible 1 lymph node (borderline)

Went to breast screening clinic last night after doctor referred me when I found a mass. I know everyone probably says this but it seemed to appear overnight. It’s very obvious. Not a tiny pea you’d have to investigate hard to find… anyway…mammogram then called back to have another mammogram 5 minutes later then ultrasound to breast and armpit then biopsy to lump and fine needle to one lymph node as it is “borderline” I have a 2cm lump which they told me wasn’t a cyst or a fibroid and they would be surprised if it wasn’t cancer. I’m not sleeping

im 50 started HRT 6 months ago suffering terribly with depression and anxiety not to mention plumbing problems vaginal atrophy and bladder irritation which kept me awake last night …I’m a wreck.

Thought it was a cyst. Was so sure because it’s pretty obvious and I’m sure I’d have felt it two weeks prior when plucking my nipples! (Has to be done at 50) I have to pick my boob up and spin it around twisting it to check for hairs under the breast and I’m sure I’d have felt it, it’s quite obvious. 

But was told what I can feel is not the lesion but the flesh above it. 

Sorry to read your situation, there is possibly still time to phone the Helpline before it closes today if you need a ‘voice’ to help you through.

The rest of the time, just keep coming back here, and you will find people to let it all out with, and give you feedback.  The waiting is the worst, so don’t be alone.  Deep breath, breathe slowly out, and wishing you all the best with this journey.

Hello Liz, 

Sorry you find yourself here and sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time regarding menopausal symptoms.  I see that you have been given an indication that it is likely cancer which needs to befully confirmed by the biopsy results.  When is your next appointment?

I can identify with the sentiment that it seemed to come out of nowhere.  I have always regularly self checked and then one week it was like What Was That I Felt?!! 

I know so many things must be flying through your head.  You need time to process and make sense of your experience.   Easier said than done but really try and take it one step at a time.  Just wait for the biopsy results and official diagnosis which should indicate any receptor status and the implications this will have regarding your HRT.  If the worst comes to the worst, then medical staff can assist you in accessing non hormonal treatments.  

You are not alone Liz.  Best Wishes, 

Chick ? x

Sorry to hear you have a likely cancer diagnosis. If it’s only just become noticeable then hopefully it has been caught early. I had a similar experience 6 years ago, I had a wide local excision and the removal of 3 lymph nodes for testing. My lymph nodes were clear. After recovering from a wide local excision and removal of 3 lymph nodes from my armpit (surgery) I had 2 weeks off work and some weeks later 20 sessions of radiotherapy which is painless and for me had no side effects at all. I was on Tamoxifen for 5 years. I was very relieved that it was felt I didn’t chemotherapy. 

The treatment was so much easier than I ever thought cancer treatment would be so please don’t think the worst. Good luck x