6 REPLIES 6
Donnatig

Re: Awaiting biopsy results ...so scared 😢

Hi

how did it all go? X

Teya

I know how you feel! 

My recall appointment was last Thursday. Suspicious lump and biopsy done. Will get results on Thursday to see type of cancer and then appointment with consultant on Tuesday to discuss what next. 

Worrying times. 

Thinking of all us ladies and sending hugs and positive thoughts xx

Sue C
Community Champion

Hi Ladies 

Welcome to the forum. A place that you would rather not be, but you will receive lots of help and support here. 

Mammograms and scans can tell if the lump looks abnormal. The biopsies will determine what type of bc you have and then what treatment plan you will receive. They also have a good idea if the lymph nodes are affected, and if not, then that's good because it won't have spread to other areas of the body. 

It's all extremely distressing and so hard to take it all in. 

Things will settle down after a while and once the treatment plan is in place, it takes away the unknown, and you will feel a bit better.

There are various sections on the forum you can go to depending on what stage of treatment you are at and, as I've said, that will be lots of support.

Hugs 

Sue xx 

Tyla

Dear all - Recently (03 June) diagnosed with breast cancer. Had a lumpectomy last Thursday and recovering at home waiting for appointment with consultant to discuss my results and treatment plan. My feelings are all over the place from day to day. I was trying to cope on my own without spilling all my thoughts on family, trying to remain upbeat but sometimes its so hard. With all the booklets received I decided to take action for me and reach out to fellow members via this forum. So much information to process and it feels like its not happening to me and I am just along for the ride...……….all I know this is one scary ride. Best wishes to all.

Jewels994

Sending you hugs. I was called back after my first ever mammogram. At the appointment it was the same as you, told it looked suspicious and hadn’t gone to the lymph nodes. Results appointment confirmed grade 1 IDC. I’ve since had a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy, due to start radiotherapy next week. As coxylewis says try to stay positive and take it one appointment at a time

coxylewis

Hi I was in the same situation and had my results two weeks later. It was positive for me but had my surgery last Thursday and lump is out I’m recovering at home. Hasn’t spread to nodes so relieved. It’s all very scary as your mind goes into overdrive. Until you have your appointment try to stay positive. I have and this has helped x

Donnatig

Awaiting biopsy results ...so scared 😢

Hello everyone

I found a lump on my right breast.  I had a mammogram and ultrasound on Friday 28/06/19 and 2 biopsy’s.  consultant said it looked very suspicious and was talking about cancer and gave me a booklet.  I have to go back on Friday for the biopsy results and treatment plan?  She confirmed that it has not gone to lymp nodes, is this a good sign? Do they know already from mammogram and ultra sound that it’s cancer?  So confused and 😟