Breast cancer of Mesenchymal origin

Hi,

I was diagnosed a few weeks ago and have been following some topics on this forum for support, encouragement and insight.

I had my WLE last week. Biopsy results have been unclear, and have just received a letter from the hospital to my GP. It says second opinion of biopsy raised questions of whether the tumour is of Mesenchymal origin. I can’t see any threads that mention this, does anyone have experience of this?

I have googled and scared myself.

Niki

Yeah stay off google. Not your friend in this stage of the game. In saying that I am so sorry you are experiencing such back and forth in regards to collecting information. I do not have experience personally with mesenchymal breast tumors although I know with IDC many different types are possible. If you have a rare subtype though that could drive treatment into something more specialized. I am assuming that’s why they are trying to figure out what this is and are looking for more information. As far as encouragement goes, I would remind you that breast cancer is very common with plenty of research and money thrown at it. We have numerous treatments that are specialized to your distinct subtype. Rare subtypes do not mean unheard of or never have been dealt with. If your tumor is of mesenchymal origin they’ll know how to handle it. Luckily everything is treatable in breast cancer world. Many hugs sent your way…