cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breast cancer

2 REPLIES 2
kelly1956

Re: Breast cancer

I’m glad everything went alright for you I suffer with copd diabetes and am overweight I smoke as well which isn’t good. I haven’t really thought of having no breast which is weird I think it’s the anisthetic that is constantly on my mind I’ve had it before and it took a long time to come round. One minute I think I will be okay then next minute I think I won’t. Just reading what you put has made me feel a bit better thank you x

Kaisa

Re: Breast cancer

Hi @kelly1956 

I had a general anaesthetic on Tuesday, the anaesthetist and her helper were both lovely and made me feel at ease. I am 61, obese and have arthritis, asthma and fibromyalgia so not the easiest patient to put to sleep but the last thing I remember is sitting up (back rest on bed up) breathing in through a mask (oxygen), some slight dizzyness/spinning from what they gave intravenously and then 3 hours later I woke up in recovery feeling a bit woozy but guy with me was adorable (like a teddy bear!). After about 30 minutes (I think) I was wheeled up to the ward and managed to slide over to my bed. An hour later I walked to the loo for a pee (nurse with me to the loo but left me for privacy). Later on and overnight I slept on and off, body did feel strange but I was drugged up on codeine and whatever they gave me in my veins. I had a lovely cup of tea at 1am along with my co-patient who also had a mastectomy. Staff on ward were all angels. I went home on Wednesday.

I was anxious and scared too, but today I am glad it's done and the breast with it's nasty contents removed. Now recuperation and tackle the next course of treatment they have planned for me.

Take care xx

kelly1956

Breast cancer

I have just been diagnosed with ductal carsinoma in situ non invasive I’m terrified of having general anisthetic