Breast pain during radiation

Hi, 

I started radiation treatment this month after a lumpectomy.  I am having burning pain in my nipple area.  It hurts to have my bra or any clothing touch this area.  Just making simple movements like reaching for a glass of water hurts because my bra rubs against this sensitive area.  My radiologist told me take Advil and recommended some creams but it’s not helping at all.  

Anyone going through this or have suggestions? 

Happy Sunday Haven,

So sorry your feeling so uncomfortable, I was the same a dear old lady of 96 years old suggested good old fashion Zinc and Caster Oil cream (what mum would of used for baby bottoms) it very cheap and I must say worked wonders for me worth a try.

Well done for getting this far, wishing you well. A big hug from me to you. Tili ?? :rainbow:

Hi, I also felt this and was advised to buy really soft bra’s or bra’s for post surgery. These helped x

Hi Haven

I have the same pain as you it started on my first session I had stabbing and burning pain through out my radiotherapy and very tender  and sensitive to touch  the team treating me gave me a dressing called PolyMem you cut what you want and pop it in your bra and if the area is droken down or cracked you activate the  dressing with a few drops of warm water I’m finding it really helpful as it’s extra support 

I hope this helps you 

Take care x

I’m having this too, 4 days in. Told to moisturise whole area and that this is normal after surgery.