Chemo appointment

Hi everyone. Been really useful reading this forum. I’ve had lumpectomy & all nodes out on right (forget correct term) & had results appt Tuesday. Definitely having chemo, herceptin, radio, tamoxifen. Very scary but felt ok til this morning when hospital rang to make chemo consultation appt for next week. Now seems very real and terrifying. Chemo is the scariest part. Going to get long hair chopped short so don’t have huge lengths of it coming out. All So sad ? know I need have it to get better but am frightened 

Hi Zed51,

yes it is scarey isnt it…  im waiting for the start date for my  chemo treatment… hoped to have heard before this bank holiday weekend… just to get my head around it all ?

good luck to you and try and stay positive… we dont have a choice…xxx

Hi, 

sound like we’re at the same stage, it does get scarey especially when I go to the hospital for appointments it feels all new and real again and I almost always have a cry there. The thing with chemo is you can sail through it or not. The hair loss scares me although I’ve bought some nice Levi bandanas. I also bought some ready made scarfs but prefer the bandanas xxxx