cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed results yesterday

19 REPLIES 19
justine1970

Re: Confirmed results yesterday

Thank you for seeing how I am. I feel up & down, one minute I forget then then the next I panic.

I am scared about everything but then I don’t know anything so I am not sure what I am scared about! 

Podcasts is a good idea, I need to find some relaxing things to listen to, maybe meditation.

I have been keeping myself busy today painting my bed ready to move so that has helped a bit and like you say I need to keep focused on now and not too far ahead.

Thank you.

x

louby_lou69

I came on here to ask you how you were this morning Justine.

It is so long and drawn out and the waiting is hard. I suppose it does help to get your head around it all and take stock.

Sleeping is a struggle for me. My mum bought be some Calms and I listen to podcasts with one earphone in when I wake up in the middle of the night now. That does help me fall back asleep. But I suffer with night sweats after stopping my HRT. 
Ive learnt over the past couple of weeks to not look too far ahead.

justine1970

It’s such a long process isn’t it…that’s what I am struggling with I think today, been awake since 430 thinking about such random things!

justine1970

Oh thank you! Yes it’s a faff isn’t it! Welcome to the thread! X

Evie-S
Community Champion

@justine1970 and @louby_lou69  - sorry to jump in on your thread, but I just wanted to say that my phone also logs me out every time, but I can stay logged in on my iPad for some reason. I will follow up with BCN and see if they can help as it’s a pain to have to log on each time. All the very best to you. Evie xx

louby_lou69

I'm  going for an MRI on Wednesday- this will determine what happens next.

justine1970

Oh so do I! I will see if there is a way to stay logged in!

I keep putting it in wrong! 😂

louby_lou69

I’m not totally sure how it works either plus I access it via my phone and have to log in every time with my username and password.

There’s no ‘stay logged in’ feature which is a bit of a pain, unless I’m doing something wrong 🤷‍♀️

justine1970

Yes I will avoid google! We can all beat this can’t we and are all pretty much in the same boat at the same time…it’s nice to have others that understand exactly how we feel too although I wish none of us had it.

x

justine1970

Yes we are a little trio..it’s so good to have both of your support.

yes I believe they can tell but just can’t say until they know for sure.

Not sure how this site works so do we keep adding posts to this trail?

x

Jacaranda

I’ve been thinking you all day too. This journey is such a nightmare for all of us.

But I do think this forum is just bloody brilliant!

Try to keep distracted and not let your mind go into overdrive. 

And please avoid that nasty Dr Google because he’s not very nice.

And hey ladies - we can beat this! We are the three musketeers!! 

xxxx

louby_lou69

Justine

Ive been waiting on your post all day. I’m so sorry the cancer has returned (if it has). I do believe they know though don’t they.

Keep posting, we can get through this. Looks like we’re a little trio you, me and Jarcanda 💕

justine1970

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to reply and my hug! What a day, feel wrecked now!

So today I had a mammogram, ultrasound and biopsys, the radiologist said the lump on my breast had worrying features so I am guessing she could tell.

the lump in my armpit was a normal thing apparently and nothing to worry about so that was one piece of good news!

I am to go back in two weeks for the results however I did say to her if it was the worst what would happen and she did say I would have a mastectomy.

please keep in touch to let me know how you get on.

X

Jacaranda

Awwww Justine - thinking of you today and sending a big hug. The waiting game is the worst bit. Once you actually know what you’re dealing with you feel so much more in control again. And one thing that I’ve learned is that no one can possibly have any idea what all this feels like unless they’ve been through it themselves and that’s why this forum is so valuable. 
At my first appointment at the breast clinic (June 21st) to look at the little dimple I had noticed, I saw the consultant then had mammograms, ultrasounds and biopsies. I knew they had found 3 tumours but the consultant was really keen to say that we don’t know what we’re dealing with until we KNOW what we’re dealing with, and those words really stuck with me. The following week was the longest ever but this forum was a huge comfort. I went back on Monday 28th to hear I had breast cancer and needed a mastectomy. And you know what? That was fine because at last I knew what was happening. My lymph nodes appear to be clear from the ultrasound but will have a sentinel node biopsy to make sure. Lots of appointments all lined up now. And surgery beginning of August. The whole team are just so kind and reassuring. My emotions are on a bit of a rollercoaster but I just have to remember to slow down and allow my body to deal with all this. 
Life can be tough but we can be tougher!!! Let us know how you get on. xx

justine1970

Hi

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Tomorrow is my first appointment so I assume that is the consultation, ultrasound and mammogram. I think because I’ve had cancer before and I have a lump in my breast and under my arm now I am assuming that it is the worst so I am prepared in that sense, like you say it is awaiting game isn’t it.

I have a good family and friends however I live on my own and if you are not actually going through it it is hard to relate isn’t it.

That will be a fun summer break but at least you will be able to enjoy the sunshine!

So glad we all have each other. If it’s ok with you I will let you know on this post tomorrow what they say.

I hope you have lots to keep you busy this weekend.

x

louby_lou69

They can’t really commit to much until I have the MRI.

At my first appointment (which seems like a lifetime ago now) my lymph nodes were clear.

If the lump is contained in the one breast and is just one lump it will be lumpectomy and radiotherapy. If there’s more tumours it will be chemo and then a mastectomy.

She said it will probably be in August. I’m a teacher so that’s a great way to spend my six weeks off! 
They say the waiting is the hardest and it really is. It’s just a matter of keeping busy and occupying your mind.

Honestly when you find out what your plan is it feels so much better.

Did they say anything at your first appointment. They told me then that they thought it was a high chance of cancer so I think I’d come to terms with it really. 
We’ll all be thinking of you xx

justine1970

Incredible positive vibes from both of you ladies.

can you give me any tips of how to deal with the waiting game? I am struggling today, my appointment is at 1030 tomorrow.

x

justine1970

Hi

Was wondering how you got on, my first consultation is tomorrow but pretty sure it will be the same as you. Can they tell if it is in your lymph nodes?

have they given you a timescale for the chemo/surgery?

I am sending you hugs and I really do like your positivity.

x

Jacaranda

Hi again Louby Lou now that we have both moved on to the next chapter! And all the others on the same journey. It’s so reassuring not to feel alone.

Mine is also lobular cancer but as it’s in 3 places, I’ll be having a mastectomy. Waiting on HER2 result and sentinel lymph node biopsy to see if I will need chemotherapy before surgery. So the waiting game isn’t really over yet but I feel positive. 
I’m seeing plastic surgeon next week to talk about reconstruction and then back on the 12th for the rest of my results and to start planning. 
Positive vibes to my fellow warriors…… x

louby_lou69

Confirmed results yesterday

I too am now moving over to the next bit of this wonderful website and you amazing women.

I have Stage 2 (provisional) lobular breast cancer. I’m also oestrogen + and HER2 borderline - still waiting on that one.

MRI in the next few days to see what’s going on in more detail and that will then determine what happens next. Lumpectomy and radiotherapy if just the one lump, chemo (the word terrifies me) and a mastectomy (also terrified of this) 

But I will have done whatever needs to be done. This forum has been a wealth of information and support. 
I know it’s going to be a lifeline over the next few weeks and months.