Confused and overwhelmed

Initial diagnosis grade 2 invasive ductal breast cancer, now waiting for staging, treatment action plan, consultant thinks it’s in lymph nodes too. So scared it will be stage 4 and spread elsewhere. Emotions and mood all over the place. All thoughts consumed by cancer. Admired a blossom tree today and wondered how many more spring seasons I’ll live to see. Not knowing the full picture is torture, feels like someone is holding a gun to my head but not knowing if/when theyll pull the trigger. 

Jab

I totally related to your comment about the tree, two and a half years ago in sept 2016 i was diagnosed and on walking back to the car I noticed how blue the sky was and how green the trees were thinking exactly the same as you will i ever live to see that again, seen the same scene twice now and I am still here xx

This is a scary time waiting for your treatment plan but honestly when that is in place and you know what is going to happen and when it does get easier.

Just  keep coming on here and the wonderful ladies who know exactly how you are feeling will give vyiu help and support.

Sending you hugs 

Helena xx

Hi  I was diagnosed 4 weeks ago ductal grade 2 . Waiting on operation date in next 2 weeks. First mammogram as well . Have been so scared this forum has really helped . As people say one step at a time this is what I’m trying to do xx

Jab, my dear girl

I sooo get your “simili” of feeling like “someone’s holding a gun to my head, but  not knowing if/when they’ll pull the trigger”. Also very profound, and insightful. The content is incredibly sad, but your words are almost poetic in a way. 

I am allllways sooo sorry to hear of ANYone newly diagnosed. Literally breaks my heart, that when I went through both mine at 2006 and 2007, 1 in 9 women were diagnosed, and it’s now 1 in 8 !! But please DO take some solace and comfort from the fact “I’M” STILL HERE, after 12 years :smileyvery-happy:

I’m wishing you and Jac so much luck and success in your treatments, and speedy healing and recovery, with no or very few complications. Please do keep us in touch with how you’re both doing, progressing, will you. All of us will gladly help and support in any way we can.

Loads of love, big Delly hug, and lots of kisses xxxxxxx 

Jab, I’m in a very similar position to you. Was diagnosed 2 weeks ago,after first ever mammogram. Mine is grade 1 invasive ductal cancer. I’m waiting on a date for my wire guided WLE and sentinel node biopsy. In my case they “don’t think” it’s spread to the lymph nodes and “don’t think” I’ll need chemo, but won’t know for sure until after surgery. Mine is being complicated by the fact that I have severe rheumatoid arthritis which has caused me to have anaemia of chronic disease. Sending you hugs

Hi Jabs72,

The feelings you have at the moment are the one thing that us ladies all go through when diagnosed, but as strange as it sounds, You will feel better when you have the full picture. I was diagnosed with my cancer way back in 2013. At the time I met and made friends with another lady who was diagnosed the same day as myself. The reason I tell you this is because she too had been told that they were sure it was in her lymph nodes and she was very very worried. This indeed turned out to be the case, and she still had 4 of 17 nodes affected post treatment, but she’s still very much here and loving life with absolutely no sign of cancer. So please don’t get too hung up on the nodes issue. There are plenty people who have similar outcomes. Wishing you all the very best with your treatment Ann x x