DIC grade 3 Her2 positive

HI I have recently been diagnosed with DCI grade 3 Her2positive. and due to have a mastectomy on the 15th June. I do feel very alone with this. I have faced many traumas before and know this another page in my life book and have many blank pages still to fill… but I would really like to hear from anyone who has this too… thanks Pennylynne

Hi Pennylynne, sorry you find yourself here in the club none of us wanted to join. You are definitely not alone. We understand exactly how you feel and others will be here soon to give you reassurance too.  It’s a very scary time after diagnosis but it does get easier once your treatment is in place and something is being done. Just give yourself time to process your thoughts and feelings. All feelings, whether rational or not are a normal part of the acceptance process.  I was diagnosed over a year ago and finished treatment in January the year, chemo, mx and lymph removal then radiotherapy.  Here I am feeling really well again. Here’s my story which I hope is of some comfort to you. lifeafterlola.blogspot.com/

you can join the going through treatment threads to network with others going through the same. This helps a lot.

Sendng hugs. Xxxx

Thank you so much Mai7 For your lovely message I will certainly read your blog.
I just have !!!.what a fantastically written and inspiring blog it is. Thank you that has helped already x

Hi Pennylynne

It’s Emily here from Breast Cancer Care. 

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been recently diagnosed and that you feel so alone. If you want to talk to a volunteer who’s had a similar diagnosis to you, and a mastectomy, then we can put you in touch with someone before your surgery. Sometimes it can help talking it through with someone who’s been in a similar position too and is a couple of years past their treatment.

Feel free to drop me a direct message through the forum if you’d like me to arrange this, or you can call us on 0345 077 1893.

Best wishes

Emily at Breast Cancer Care

Hi Pennylynne
I was diagnosed on the 2/5/18 with a 7cm HER2 positive grade 3 breast cancer.
I start chemo therapy on Wednesday for 5/6 months to be followed by surgery and then Radiotherapy.
Chemo first due to the size of the nasty little
lump !!
There’s so much info on this sight and so much support from others going through the same journey.
Sending hugs ??

Thank you Floss 62 I really appreciate your reply. I am still getting used to the site and how it works. I am the other way round I have my surgery first then Chemo and radiotherapy. It good to know there are others like me out there. hugs Pennylynne

Thank you Emily I will be in touch x

Hello,

I was where you are now two years ago and although it is a shock right now you will be OK.

If you can try to fast before chemo because it really does lessen the side effects. You can read about what I did on the fasting thread but basically my chemo was on Friday morning and I had my last meal on Tuesday evening then nothing but water or black tea/coffee until Saturday morning. I had no stomach issues, no mouth ulcers, no thrush and generally go off very lightly compared to those on my chemo thread and those in my unit. Google Valter Longo, cancer and chemo for more info. I was fine taking the steroids on an empty stomach.

Next get yourself some Claritin hayfever tablets and take at least once every day from now until a week or two after your last Herceptin. This is why: myangrycancer.blogspot.com/2013/02/claritin-is-worth-its-weight-in-gold.html

I used the cold cap and kept loads of hair.

Ask if you want to know anything xxx

Hi i am sorry to hear you arw going through the same thing as me , its totally rubbish i know ! However i had a mascetomy on rhe 18 may and i must say its really not as bad as i anticipated put it this way i had tooth ache 2.weeks before for a 2 weeks and the pain was so much worse ! I had an immediate reconstruction and i am really happy with the results i had an implant as there was not enough fat to do the Diep flap ! After the opp i felt tired and the drains were a bit uncomfortable but had no pain fro. My breast what so ever until about a week later when it started to feel a bit sore and heavy i have taken it easy and rested but i havr also been out to the pub was not going to let my drains stop me from going out ! My advice is get a water bottle bag to carry your drains around and if you are having an immediate reconstruction buy a sugical bra as its good to have one ready while you wash the one they give you in the hosptal if you need any other adive be happy to talk anytime my jouney is not over as my lynph nodes came back postive which i was not expecting at all after being told it was just DCIS !

Thanks for the tip about Clarion I don’t know anything about it. another good tip hugs x

Thanks for the tip about Claritin don’t know anything about it. another good tip hugs x

The antihistamine you need in particular is Loratadine. Clarytin is a brand name with several different types available. Loratadine has the most positive research. Xxx

Thank Mai7 that is very helpful kind regards x

Hi Blue ash
Thanks for the reply and advice. Once I get on this journey I think it will be better. þhe waiting is awful. I am taking one step at time but I would be really interested in your experience with the cool cap if you have time. thanks hugs

Hi blueash Thank you so much for that. I will certainly take on what you have said. I guess everyonrs experience is different . Were you having Herceptin while you were having Chemo.? Does that make a difference? Thanks hugs

Hi Blueash
Thanks again I too am older . So it help to have connected with someone in a similar age bracket. I think I am very nieve about the chemo jargon. So have no idea what TEC or FEC means . I do have so other health problems ie Bronchiectasis and epilepsy. But don’t know yet how that will affect which Chemo I have. So fist leg of the journey is Friday so wish me luck. Thanks again for the tips