Delay of the treatment

Good morning! My first biopsy came back positive at the end of April.  It was followed by another 3  biopsies ( so I had them in 4 different days)

Then I needed an MRI.

Then I went for operation. 

Then I went for second operation. 

Now waiting to hear from oncologist. 

It is almost 5 months since I was diagnosed and I am concerned that my treatment has been delayed for too long…should I worry?

Hi Danny, sorry to hear your team have not been keeping you informed. Please speak to the breast nurse you would have been assigned to in your unit at time of diagnosis and also please use the ask the nurse facility on here, they will be able to help guide you with your questions. Hope this helps Shi 

Hi Danny

If it’s any consolation, my consultant told me I was clear of cancer after my surgery. I had a full mastectomy and full axillary clearance. The oncology nurse later confirmed it - future treatments are determined by what they find during surgery. NICE recommends that chemotherapy starts within 90 days of surgery (I had to start mine on Christmas Eve to get me in on time) so count from your last operation. If time is galloping by, then start nagging them! The difficulty right now is you’re reeling from the diagnosis and surgery, wondering what the hell is going on inside (probably nothing right now), and delays seem interminable. However, it would be in nobody’s Interests to put you at risk by an unnecessary delay so they must be confident it’s all in hand.

Hope you hear something soon or get reassurance from the breastcare nurse.

Jan