Diagnosed HER2+ in lymph nodes; huge breast mass

Hello

After an extremely stressful 3 weeks I finally had the breast clinic appointment with mammogram, ultrasound and biopsies.

I already knew I had cancer, but no further details of course. 

diagnosed this week with HER2 in the axilla lymph and 11cm breast mass which requires further testing to discover what it all is. 

had CT of my organs (trunk of my body). MRI this afternoon and bone scan this coming week. Then oncologist appointment later this month.

most likely chemo and monoclonal antibody treatment 20 weeks first. 

I have pre existing conditions including asthma (daily inhaled steroids etc) prone to lung infections, hypothyroidism and a recent HPA axis complete suppression which turned out to be due to the asthma steroids. These make me feel particularly vulnerable at the start of the fight against HER2. 

So far I really like the doctors and other medical staff at the breast clinic (NHS). I have to trust them in this and my feeling so far is that I can. 

so sad and heartbroken. Frightened of it having possibly metastasised and medication side effects. 

So sorry to hear your bad news. 
I’ve just been diagnosed with grade 3 invasive breast cancer. ER and PR+ but HER- it has spread to my axillary lymph nodes. 
I feel your pain as like you the although I was advised almost immediately that it was cancer the wait for confirmation was so stressful. I’ve just had a CT on Thursday and see consultant on Monday. 
We have to stay positive and hope for the best    x

Hello, 

I went through the same feelings in Novermber 2020 when my first time Her2 positive BC was detected in the middle of ongoing pandemic scare! please  stay strong and you will be free once the treatment begins and your tumour starts shrinking ( it may totally disappear like mine). NHS staff and the treatment is brillant ! I hope it stayed there not metastatised anywhere else in the body. 

I am a 58 yr old woman diagnosed with ER/PR negative and Her2+++ with 3cm tumour in my right breast and swollen axillary lymph nodes with no mass there but revealed a scar tissue after my treatment. 

My diagnosis came as a shock to me like anyone else but, stayed positive all through the treatment and luckily got complete pathalogical response at the end. My oncologist and surgeon were very pleased with the end result after completion of one year of whole set of things. here is my treatment in brief .

Dec 2020 to April 2021- 3 cycles of chemos (3 weekly) - 4 cycles of Herceptin , Pertuzumab ( targeted treatment ) +Abraxane 
May 2021- Right mastectomy and axillary lymph node clearnace

Aug- September 2021- 6 weeks of Radiation therapy ( daily dosage ) 

one year of Phesgo (Herceptin+pertuzumab)injections (starting from Feb 2021 to Jan 2022)

now I am feeling much better energy wise and started going back to work full time. 
please stay positive and trust that there are very good targeted treatments for Her2 + BC with good results like my case. Do keep yourself active and gentle exercise regularly helps a lot. I am asthmatic too on a regular  brown inhaler 

and struggle to climb the stairs. 

I hope my story will be of some help and guidance what to expect.

hugs 

Sara