Diagnosed Thursday

Hi, I went for my biopsy results on Thursday and was told my lump is cancerous, at this stage the consultant has been unable to tell me what size, type, or what my plan going forward will be (only that the lump will be removed). Apparently the breast clinic I am under have weekly team meetings on Tuesdays when all new cases are closely looked at by the consultants/surgeons, unfortunately my results weren’t ready until Wednesday so my case has been put onto next Tuesdays meeting. I have an appt booked with my surgeon on 25th Mar where my cancer will (hopefully) be explained in more detail, blood tests, pre-op checks will be done etc, but in the meantime all sorts are going round my head. I have a husband, 2 grown up sons in their 20’s and an 11yr  old daughter who I’m keeping positive for  outwardly but inside I’m screaming. It’s all happened so quick from my 1st ever mammogram on 22nd Feb (luckily I was selected for the 47-50yr old early trial screening) to now, i want the world to stop so I can get off x

Jeaniebop

Hello and welcome to the forum, not a place any of us would choose to be but one thign is for sure you will get loads of help and support from the wonderful ladies on here who are either going through the same as you or, like myself, have finished treatment.

This is the worst time whilst you are waiting to find out what your treatment plan will be but once that it is in place, honestly it will help as you will know what you are dealing with, what is going to happen and when.  We can all relate to that feeling of wanting the world to stop so we can get off but the good thing is that it has been found and can be dealt with, thank god for routine mammograms and the new proramme of inviting ladies at an earlier age.

Sending you loads of hugs and remember we are all here to help and support you in whatever way we can.

Helena xxx

Hi ya, same here 49 and early mamogram trial picked it up. My ops on 29th march. It is scarey not knowing. I feel glad in one way as I never knew or even thought I would get breast cancer and had no idea. Having a little one would make things tougher for you. They are brilliant at what can be done these days so I wish you all the best. We can do this ? Xxxx vic p.s I’ve just bought new Bridget jones pants for my op ?

UPDATE

Hi. OK, so I saw my surgeon this morning. My BC is a 15mm Grade 3 Triple Negative Right Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. My pre op was done at this mornings appt with surgery booked for 11th April to have the tumour removed, I was told surgery will be followed by chemo and radio therapy. I’m feeling a lot calmer now I know what I’m facing. Still very overwhelmed by the diagnosis and all the info but at least I’m able to focus on 1 step at a time xXx

hello I am new to this forum. I have a problem- my wife has been diagnosed not long ago , but she doesnt want me to help her, and she alwlays goes to the doctor alone. Any tips what to do ?

Thanks in advance

Jack Peter

helpik24.pl