Diagnosed last week

Hi,

Still trying to get my head around it all. my results are Double negative so far just waiting for the HER2 to come back, have a lumpectomy booked towards the end of August. I still feel as if I have no control at the moment. I am trying to find positive things to focus on but it was a shock as I have only had cysts in the past. Getting the diagnosis during Covid was hard as I was allowed in to the the surgeon and my husband was in the car and had to hear the results listening on the phone.  It was not easy to remember to ask questions as in total shock.

I have read that a lot of people have had a MRI as well as the mammogram and the biopsy, I haven’t been offered this is that normal?

I have family history so have had to fill out the forms for genetic testing which will fast tracked if HER2 comes back negative as well. 

On a different note, I am a larger busted person (gg-h)  and struggling to find a suitable bra for post surgery any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi, sorry you find yourself on here, get a notebook and write things down and your questions, it can help you keep track of everything you are being told I used M&S zip front sports bra with racer back post up, do go couple sizes up I. E if you are 36 get 40 cup size was usual size that I got as had therapeutic mammoplasty on boob that had the bc. Genetic testing if you need to have it is easy and will give you further options if it comes back that you carry gene. One step at a time :two_women_holding_hands: don’t try and process it all at once, come on here ask away, read the surgery, chemo and rads threads, use the ask the nurse, use the someone like me, most importantly do what you want to do There are no right or wrongs it’s always your journey and you do what’s right for you :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sparkles: :sparkles: Shi xx

Hi there.
Just thought I’d pop in and give you some ideas about the post surgery bras  I’m also a GG/H cup and found most of the soft bras didn’t go up to my cup size  In the end I found the Triumph Delicate bras were good  Make sure you get the Delicate one though and not the standard Doreen  They have large cup sizes and no underwire  The hospital will give you a softie after the op which I found best to pin in it with a couple of those small safety pins  I had three lumpectomies followed by a mastectomy, so quite a bit of stuff done  I also found the Bravissimo sports bras good. Sending you hugs  You will get through this horrid time in your life and you will find a strength you didn’t know you had. There is life on the other side and although you can’t imagine ever feeling ‘normal’ again, you will. This forum was a Godsend for me when I was diagnosed in 2015 and I still talk to some of the ladies I met on it. We all understand how you are feeling at the moment and you can vent at any time  

Love Francine x

Hello, Sorry you find yourself in this situation, especially with covid making things harder. Just wanted to say I’ve had bc 3 times and never had an MRI. We are all different and your team will do whatever is needed for you. The nurses on here are really helpful if you want to talk to someone who knows all the reasons! It is all a big shock at this stage and I think it gets easier when you have all the results and know your treatment plan. Take care and good luck, Love Mo x