Diagnosed with grade 3 breast cancer

Hi, 

I’ve had my results back from my biopsy last week which shows I have a grade 3 tumour in my left breast. This has scared the life out of me as I really wasn’t expecting this at all. It was very worrying that they wanted me back in do quickly to give me the results and have said I will be set up with chemo sessions within the next 2 to 3 weeks. The whole thing has just knocked me off my feet and I’ve cried constantly with stress since Monday. The consultant told me that my lymph nodes were clear on my ultrasound which was good but I and worrying about the headaches and now dizziness that I have had. I’m sure it’s probably brought on by stress and my anxiety levels but wanted to know if anyone else had this when diagnosed too. It would also be nice to hear from others who are about to start treatment too.

Hi Georgie. I was diagnosed in June, so I’m near the end of chemo now with mastectomy and radiotherapy to follow. I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis. It’s a lot to accept, but as each round of chemo passes hopefully you won’t find it so daunting. I think the 1st round is tough because (for me) it was fear of the unknown. But now I have a bit of an idea of what to expect now. I just wanted to wish you good luck with your journey and hopefully everything goes well for you. 

Hi georgie

I joined a few weeks back after similar news xxx

I mostly posting in the chemo threads for November as i started my first one last wed xx

Your not alone and this site is very informative and supportive xx

Ah Hi Georgie, I’m so sorry to hear you have joined the rollercoaster, but this site is fantastic for support along the ride!!

I was diagnosed in July 2019 and had to wait 3 weeks for my mastectomy, I literally went from feeling totally fine to feeling really ill!! I would feel like I was going to pass out all the time and had lots of really strange turns. Towards the end I started having double vision and I was convinced I had brain mets ! I told my consultant and she said “ let’s get this operation over with and if it’s still a problem we will look into it further” 

Well despite having a single mastectomy, chemo and ongoing hormone treatment I can honestly say it hasn’t happened to me again! I really will never underestimate the power that stress has on our physical self ! 
You are just at the beginning of this journey so try to take one day at a time, try not to worry about things you can’t change or are not confirmed and be kind to yourself.

you will feel so much better once you have your plan and you are taking positive steps to get rid of this nasty disease! 
we are all here having been through or continuing along the journey, with a wealth of tips and ways of dealing with whatever comes your way , so keep in touch and join into the various groups for support .

good luck with all your treatment xxx

Thank you ladies, hearing this has reassured me. I am feeling a bit better today after taking the sleeping tablets the Dr prescribed for me yesterday. I think it’s just my brain thinking worst case scenario. 

I’m hoping to hear about my plan at the beginning of next week so that should help. 

I will also take a look at the chemo threads too.

Thank you so much everyone xx