Diagnosis 5 days ago

Hi All 

I am new to this I’ve joined to get tips & advice I’m scared I feel like I’ve become a needy person overnight I’ve sobbed I’ve screamed and I’m not sleeping well with worry I have 2 lumps in left breast i have had 2 biopsies ( painful) I am struggling to even look at my breast right now I know I’m being silly I also know that I’m not alone in this & i just need inspiration I am usually a strong positive person I’m looking forward to hearing all of your journeys ?

Hi ,

I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. All your feelings are very normal, I went through the same in January. I think the first few weeks are the most worrying when your consultant is determining your treatment. My journey began in December last year just before Christmas ! I had found a lump near my nipple . Went to the doc and was fast tracked to the hospital - saw a consultant about four days later ! Nothing showed on the mammogram and the ultrasound but she did a biopsy! She was 99% sure she would be writing to me to say all was ok but I had a call from the hospital on New Year’s Eve asking me to come in on the 2nd January ! I was diagnosed with a grade 2 invasive lobular cancer . The cancer likes to feed off oestrogen so I was put on Letrozole to stop any oestrogen ! I had one lumpectomy to begin with and three lymph nodes removed . unfortunately she couldn’t get clear margins so two weeks later had another op !! Turned out luckily my lymph nodes were clear but unfortunately she couldn’t get clear margins again so ended up with a mastectomy but opted for reconstruction at the same time ! That is coming up to seven months ago now but still recovering although back to doing lots again ! I had 15 sessions of radiotherapy which left me very tired ! 
I hope that your breast care nurse explained that every bodies journey is different! It all depends on your specific cancer as to how your journey will be ! It is a very frightening journey and you will have highs and lows ! I am still getting down now and I have finished active treatment ! I cried this afternoon I’m not sure why but possibly due to tiredness and the fact the pills I am on make me achy . 
Take  all the help you can from your nurse. Mine is fantastic and doesn’t mind if you want to ring and have a chat . She has had many conversations with me in tears ! 
Also if you have a cancer charity attached to your hospital use them as much as possible! The force charity attached to Exeter hospital have been amazing ! 
you have done the right thing coming on here , it has helped me through some very difficult times . 
I am more than happy for you to private message me on here if you would like to chat .

sending a big hug and hope that your journey isn’t a long and difficult one .

we are all on here to help xxx 

love PHILIPPA xxx

You are not alone. I was diagnosed on the 5th of Nov, and have had a lumpectomy, but now need more nymph lodes removed and Chemo. Desperate to know that I, too, am not alone

Hi ,

Just wondered how you are doing ? Hope it’s not too horrendous a journey for you !

sending big hug x

Hi ,

Just wondered how you are doing ? Hope it’s not too horrendous a journey for you !

sending big hug x