Feeling low & worried about results

Hi. I was told by my consultant last week that he’s 100% sure that i have breast cancer. Theres a large tumor, one under my armpit and a few smaller ones. Ive had my mri on wednesday and today ive got a ct scan. Ive been having low moments and todays one of them. I don’t know if its because of the ct. Im not scared of the test, im scared its going to show spread or more tumors. And then being told im stage 4 by my consultant on 9th july for my results. I really don’t want to think like this but i can’t help it. My consultant has said im treatable. But im hoping i will be curable too. Sorry for the depressing post, im just on a downer.

Hi Amy1988

Sorry to hear of the diagnosis. I’ve recently been diagnosed and am just completing radiotherapy having had surgery. I can say for me that after the shock of the diagnosis the waiting for the results was the worst. Once there was a plan it all felt more dealable with. Don’t apologise for feeling low, it’s perfectly understandable. Hold on to the fact that your consultant said it was treatable, and stay away from Dr.Google (who is very unhelpful and unreliable). The forum is very supportive and is a good place to come whilst your waiting for the results. Hope others are also able to offer advice. 

Hi Amy, 

Aww I really feel for you. It’s awful waiting for results! I worked all through my diagnosing, scans and biopsies and although everyone felt I should have taken more time off during it, keeping my mind busy actually kept me sane and stopped me focusing on the worst 24/7. After my op when I was off work I had to work really hard to keep occupied and not spend everyday feeling anxious while waiting for results.  All I can advise is find something to keep your mind busy until the day comes round. Try to take each day at time. I found walking a great help too, either with music, an audiobook or just my thoughts. Just pounding out anxious feelings through my feet in the fresh air! 
One thing I didn’t do which I regret at the beginning was ring my breast care nurse when I was worrying. Or the nurses on this site. They will listen to your worries and sometimes just saying things out loud really helps! 

Sending hugs and strength to you, 

Becky.