cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard and sore near WLE site

4 REPLIES 4
ice_cc

Re: Hard and sore near WLE site

I still feel numb near the excision site but quite tender over the actual dent below the scar. Feels so weird so I'm not checking as much as I maybe should. My nipple is still blue too!! It faded quite a bit initially, but it's not for budging now 😂

Hope you're having a lovely weekend despite boob-related challenges!

Caroline xx
Quaggie

Hi Caroline - I'm three weeks post op after WLE and mammoplasty and I've got a few spots of hard and sore tissue under where the surgery was. Feels weird and I did ask but was told it was normal but I'll keep making sure every time I see the team. I have to have more surgery in a week so it'll probably change again.

But if you're anxious just double check with your BCN. Always best to sure.

For those who've had this for a while now, how does it feel if you have a mammogram when you've got a largish lump of hard scar tissue.

Mumoftwo

Hi Caroline, I'm two and a half years post wle and I still have a lump thats quite tender to touch. I mention it each time I have a check up and they say its definately scar tissue. Some of the surrounding area is still numb too so maybe I'll never get all the feeling back. x

ann-m
Community Champion

Lumps & bumps are not unusual after surgery, Caroline.
It’s usually scar tissue, my scar felt a bit lumpy too, but the onc & surgeon were happy with it. Do check with your team if you’re concerned.
ann x
ice_cc

Hard and sore near WLE site

Evening ladies,

Just wondering if anyone else found a hard lump (painful to touch) near where their tumour was removed? I've been healing up well over the past three weeks but over the last couple of days it's started to hurt again and feels different.

Maybe scar tissue?

Caroline x