Hello, I am new here and probably need help

Diagnosed with breast cancer recently, I thought it was another cyst. Having mastectomy on left breast on weds, a little scared but trying to stay positive x

Hi Dove,   so sorry you find yourself self here.  I was diagnosed in April 2018 and had a single mastectomy, chemo and rads.  Not it sure if you are having recon?  I didnt.  The op was fine,  very quick, went down to theatre at 9am and was home by 3pm!  Just a dressing over wound and a drain which was ok and came out after 3 days.  Youll get exercises to do and its important you start them as soon as u canto get movement back.  I quickly got the arm movement fully back and healed quickly.  I used a soft front fasteners bra from George rge Asda online firstly.  If u are going flat consuder a Knitted Knocker (look online)… I live mine, so soft and comfy.  I forget i ono and have one, the scar is fading.   But remember to rest up… Its a big op still… Take care we’ll be hete for you.

KIP

Hi Dove. You have some really good responses as regards practical tips, but I think we have possibly shortchanged you on the sort of ‘moral - support’ you logged on to find. So can I guess? You are scared, anxious, feeling unhinged? By this point in time you should be home after your op and hopefully getting a lot of rest and minimal pain.  You are not alone darling. X