cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I am new here and probably need help

3 REPLIES 3
Wonky

Re: Hello, I am new here and probably need help

Hi Dove. You have some really good responses as regards practical tips, but I think we have possibly shortchanged you on the sort of 'moral - support' you logged on to find. So can I guess? You are scared, anxious, feeling unhinged? By this point in time you should be home after your op and hopefully getting a lot of rest and minimal pain.  You are not alone darling. X

Kip
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Dove,   so sorry you find yourself self here.  I was diagnosed in April 2018 and had a single mastectomy, chemo and rads.  Not it sure if you are having recon?  I didnt.  The op was fine,  very quick, went down to theatre at 9am and was home by 3pm!  Just a dressing over wound and a drain which was ok and came out after 3 days.  Youll get exercises to do and its important you start them as soon as u canto get movement back.  I quickly got the arm movement fully back and healed quickly.  I used a soft front fasteners bra from George rge Asda online firstly.  If u are going flat consuder a Knitted Knocker (look online).. I live mine, so soft and comfy.  I forget i ono and have one, the scar is fading.   But remember to rest up.. Its a big op still.... Take care we'll be hete for you.

KIP

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dove sorry you find yourself on here, get some short sleeve front button pyjamas, dressing gown with pockets and pair of slides for hospital, take some hand cream and lip balm too, it gets dry in hospital. Please also join the surgery thread for October 2019, others can 👭as you get through ops together 😘 💕💕Shi xx

Dove

Hello, I am new here and probably need help

Diagnosed with breast cancer recently, I thought it was another cyst. Having mastectomy on left breast on weds, a little scared but trying to stay positive x