Hi everyone new to the forum. 34yrs old diagnosed breast cancer

Hi everyone, 

My name is Shaf, 34yrs old living in London. I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. If there anyone here who is similar age to me witg breast cancer? Also I am now at the point whereby I have to decide what kind of surgery I will need to have. I have two options lumpectomy (breast conserving surgery) and mastectomy with reconstruction. I am still deciding what surgery to have. I would like to know your own experience with lumpectomy or mastectomy. I have an appointment today with Oncologist. They will give me Chemo.

Hi Shaf2020,

Thank you for your post.

We hope that your appointment with the Oncologist went ok.

We have moved the post to a thread which is closer to its subject. I am sorry you haven’t had any response yet. I am hoping our members will see it and share their experience.

Please do not forget that for any clinical questions, our Nurses are always here and happy to talk.

Sending you our warmest wishes,

Zoe

Hi Shaf - I am older than you (52) but I am happy to chat with you about my experience of a mastectomy and implant reconstruction if you would like. I also had chemo, before my surgery.

My very best wishes to you as you go forward and please let me know if you would like to chat - I won’t be at all offended if you would prefer to wait until younger members come along. Evie xx

Hi shaf. Im 32 and was diagnosed with breast cancer in june. I will be having surgery at the end of this year or early next year. My left breast will be a mastectomy as the whole breast is pretty much cancer now. My right breast has a small tumour in it, so they’re not sure if that will be a lumpectomy or mastectomy too. I personally will just let them decide what to do. I would talk to your consultant and surgeon and ask for their opinions. Do you have a start date for your chemo? I hope it goes well for you

Hi Shaf, I’m 35 in London and was diagnosed 2 weeks ago. I let the doctor decide a Lumpectomy for me. I would ask if they are able to do reconstruction at the same time as the mastectomy.