Thank you for replying, much appreciated, I hope you are resting well. There are so many stories on this forum with all different scenarios but one big thing in common is the massive support you all have for each other. I suppose people with “C” only truly know how each other emotionally feels.
My operation is on the 17th whether it’s lumpectomy or mastectomy so not to long to wait. When I met with the surgeon he was really empathetic and confident all will be well. It’s such a waiting game waiting for results regarding treatment plan and knowing other people know what’s happening to you before you do yourself.
Sending you a massive hug back x take care
Welcome and so sorry to hear your story, made me shed a tear for you. I am the same age as you with a very similar sounding diagnosis but with no family history. I had a therapeutic mammoplasty & lymph node biopsies on 20th May so now recuperating and waiting for results and further treatment plan. I can't really offer any help in making your decision but as I was kindly advised, do what is going to be best for you. Wishing you lots of love & luck with making your decision and your treatment and sending a massive hug,
Firstly thank you for your reply, omg 4 days post op and you are taking time to reply to me, big hugs to you x you are a very special lady to be able to think of others now taking the time to respond. This is what this forum represents.
I don’t want to bombard you with questions at the moment as you still in recovery x Hats of to you, rest up, take care x
Hi Sjm51 hello and welcome to the forum. I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis and can feel the pressure you’re feeling to make the “right” decision, so I’m sending you a virtual hug. This is a difficult enough time so try to be kind to yourself along the way. Lumpectomy v mastectomy is such a big decision and depending upon the stage and type of cancer outcomes can be very similar (reading around the subject). Listen to your gut feeling if the medical advice is inconclusive, and remember this is your journey, and you decide. Luckily (I guess) I didn’t have to make your decision since my diagnosis predicated a single and full mastectomy which I had on 25/5, with an immediate implant reconstruction (my only option) so I’m still pretty drugged up and sore and still have a way to go. Sending you very best wishes x
Hi to all the amazing ladies on here. So many stories of the journeys you are on. I have been going through the forum for about a week and are overwhelmed of the support you provide for each other, big hugs to all.
This is why I’ve come on to join you on that journey although I’m at the beginning of mine. Cut long story short, I’m 51 and recently diagnosed with invasive ductal BC, stage 1, E+, P+, H-
Due to family history I’ve been screened since 30 years old. Had my yearly mammogram on the 11th May, Recall mammogram 18th May, where I was told after ultrasound that highly suspicious area 2cm, right breast, lower left. Had biopsies with tears rolling, waiting to wake up from a bad dream. Phoned hubby to come in so Dr could speak to us. Into a room with a couch and plants...I remember thinking, okay this is obviously the bad news room! She delivered what I can only say it was like a bombshell. Went through next steps, given appointment on the 26th for biopsy results and 28th with surgeon. We left totally numb, hubby has been amazing. Everything going through my mind, I lost my mum in 2015. She was diagnosed on my 30th birthday in 2000 same age as I am now, with exactly the same type and place. Mum had a lumpectomy and radiotherapy as well as 5 years Tamoxifen. In 2008 secondary in the bone. She had a really good run at it until her last two years, it was awful for her and heartbreaking to watch my mum whom I described as a beautiful rose, each time near the end she was like a wilting rose, losing petals each time I saw her, until that last petal fell. Such a cruel world. I miss her terribly. After meeting with the surgeon yesterday we went to the beach where she wanted her ashes scattered, it was blowing a hoolie, tide right in, so stood on the embankment,,,a beautiful little butterfly immediately came out of nowhere and landed beside our feet...I felt this was mum saying she was right there with us...more tears.
My dilemma now is I have been offered a lumpectomy or mastectomy. I’m in an emotional limbo land I don’t want to be. I have been given this weekend to decide...operation on the 17th June which ever one I decide on. I really can’t help thinking if mum had a mastectomy would she still be here,,,although they said what ever op I choose the outcome is the same,,,very confusing,,,,,I suppose I’m asking you lovely ladies for your thoughts, I almost wish they didn’t give me the options....I have never posted on forums before but after scrolling through for the past week with all love and support for each other I feel I’m ready to get on this wonky train and join you. Thank you all xx