yes that is reassuring from diagnosis to my op on weds 27th it will be 2months but I was ment to have surgery on the 4/1 my cancer was 15mm on mammogram and 12mm on ultrasound . Was put on letrozole to
when I went Monday to have the the breast marker fitted by ultrasound I asked what was the size he said 10mm so the letrozole is doing it’s job
thank you for coming back on here and reassuring us ❤️
I'm really sorry that you ladies are having surgery delayed due to the NHS Covid pressure, it must be adding horrible worry to an already difficult time. If it helps you to know, my surgery was 5 weeks after diagnosis, this was a few years ago, and there were no NHS pressures then. I recall asking my surgeon at the time 'how long would it be before you were worried that the outcome would change' and she told me 'maximum 2 months before I would be becoming concerned', I was a grade 3 cancer (highest), so for lower grades it would be longer. I don't know if this helps or not, but BC cancers are generally slow growing.
what fantastic news that it’s all gone
letrozole seems to be a amazing tablet it’s worked so well for many people
my surgery is 27/1 yay. But also scared
thank for letting us no your recovery update it really helps to hear this xx💕
i now have my operation date on the 27th January a day before you they rang me Wednesday so looks like operations are starting again so I doubt very much yours will be cancelled 🙏 I am so happy but scared at the same time
sending you hugs 💕
I was on letrozole for six months to shrink two tumours before lumpectomy eighteen months ago to avoid mastectomy. All went well. Tumours shrunk and lymph nodes were still clear too. Follow up mammogram last year fine too.
Hope all goes well when you do get your surgery.
Thankyou for your support.I hope you hear some news soon, you have already waited longer than I have. My consultant said they had been giving pre op Letrozole since the first lockdown and op being cancelled and all the ladies had done very well on it. Some of the reading I have done suggests that breast lumps had responded well to the preop treatment.
I decided to use the time to exercise more( and I am not one for going to the gym normally but I do miss going swimming) So I have been using my WiFit, walking and goin out on my bike. And have also managed to lose the extra Christmas pounds. I had cancer and subsequent hysterectomy and ovaries removed we in 2014, this episode is totally unrelated to the previous one, and found that finding ways to relax was really helpful. So back then I started listening to music, took up colouring, reading more. I am thinking about starting a free on line yoga class this week to see if that helps. I had counselling for anxiety and all these small ways did help with that, but I do miss visiting the Cancer centre who were a tower of suppport. 🤞we all get some good news soon.
i two-was diagnosed with breast cancer in November and was booked in to have a op on the 4/1 for a lumpectomy following radiotherapy
mom New Year’s Day I was called by the breast nurse to say my surgery was cancelled due to the high rise in covid resulting in no beds
I was devastated
she couldn’t tell me when my op would be
on the 4th jan the consultant called me and told me I would be given letrozole which I have been on a week now
apoke to the breast nurse last week and she told me that they will get me in soon as they can which don’t help me mentally she also said she hope to have more information on the of in a couple of week
so your answer to how long we have to wait is when the COVID lessens in hospital and we can finally have our op I am suffering with anxiety as at the moment that is what my life is all about with this hanging over me
I hope your op does not get cancelled 🙏
it’s still a few weeks weeks yet and hopefully more bed will become available
sending positive thoughts and hugs ❤️
I was diagnosed with breast cancer Dec 17th. Originally pencilled in for mastectomy Jan 8th but almost straight away lost that appointment to “ ladies whose need was greater than mine” which I totally understand. Dec 22nd the consultant decided after Contrast Medium Mammogram that he was confident that he could successfully remove the cancer with a Wide Excision, sentinel node excision, followed by radiotherapy, histology results pending. I have an op date for Jan 28th now but am already concerned in the current climate that it will be cancelled. How long is it deemed ok to wait for surgery for breast cancer. I have been started on Letrozole pre op already. I have no idea what is normal in these circumstances.